Fast Food Lunch

Options
EmmieBaby
EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
Hello All,

i am forced to buy my lunch today and I have no idea what to get myself.

I want something healthy and filling so I can last until dinner.
I have access to most popular chains since I work above a large mall in Montreal (the undergrounds)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Here are some I go with:

1) McDonald's - Southwest Salad w/Grilled Chicken and Southwest Dressing
    2) McDonald's - Grilled McWrap - Sweet Chili flavor + side salad (I go w/SW dressing for that as well)
    3) Wendy's - side salad (I usually get the pomegranate dressing), small spicy chicken nuggets, small chili
    4) There's a lot of decent options at Subway

Hope that helps!

PS The yogurt parfait at McDonald's is a good option too... either as a dessert of sorts, or as a component of a meal.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I always find Subway to be my go-to if I'm in that situation. I like to get oven-roasted chicken on flatbread with baby spinach, cucumber, onion, vinegar and oregano, with no cheese.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Subway has been my fast food chain of choice lately.....a lot of different options of veggies, etc. to put on your sandwich.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    When I have to buy lunch; my 2 "go-to's" are:
    1. Taco Bell 2 fresco chicken soft tacos and an order of pintos and sauce minus the cheese
    2. Wendys large chili and a grilled chicken wrap minus cheese and dressing

I know Subway has alot of healthy options, too, but it's not my favorite. When I doubt I hop on the restaurant websites and calorie check before I go. Good luck, have a wonderful lunch!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i am forced to buy my lunch today

What does this mean?
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    salads , grilled chicken sand w/o bread, watch out for sauces and greasy food. Have a good lunch and enjoy..:tongue:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Subway fan here too. Chopped salad with chicken is awesome!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    When I run into this type of situation, I look up the menu on the website and go ahead and figure out my calorie range before I go and pick up the lunch. Planning ahead can save you lots of calories. Sometimes what you think might be OK just may use up alot of your calories for the day and then you are having to compensate. Good luck =)
  • EmmieBaby
    Options

What does this mean?
    It means that I slept in and did not have time to grab my lunch from the fridge and i am now without food lol
  • mlegosz
    mlegosz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lots of pita places around too which can also be great choices. But Subway with lots of veggies will keep you going!
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I run into this type of situation, I look up the menu on the website and go ahead and figure out my calorie range before I go and pick up the lunch. Planning ahead can save you lots of calories. Sometimes what you think might be OK just may use up alot of your calories for the day and then you are having to compensate. Good luck =)

This... If I know I am going out to lunch or dinner, I try to plan my day. I'll figure out what I am having for the rest of my meals & snacks and plug that all in. And then look up the restaurant websites and pick & chose what I want and fill in the rest of my day. Might be a lot of deleting and adding to accommodate, but it works!!
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Is there a salad bar closeby? I was in the same situation yesterday and opted for a Chinese Chop Salad from Noodles& Company with added chicken breast and some soup. It was less than 500 calories for a huge meal and kept me satisfied till dinner.
    Subway is another good option if you like - Their double chicken chopped salad is good too.

I personally don't like Mc Donalds at all for the number of bad things I have read about their stock and cooking techniques so I stay away from Mc D always.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    http://www.qdoba.com/menu-nutrition/craft-2-naked-taco-salad-menu-nutrition

You can go there and build your meal before you order it. The options are endless and combinations you can make will fit just about anyones goals.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

What does this mean?

She doesn't have her normal packed lunch with her perhaps?

Or someone is holding a potato gun to her head and demanding she has mcdonalds! lol
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anything that comes out of most fast food chains like that.

*Subway even though its high in sodium.

*You can always go to the supermarket and make a salad and or eat something out of their deli.
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    McDonalds - Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich - 350 calories with mayo.....300 without mayo
    Side Salad - 20 calories
    1 packet of Low Fat Balsmic Dressing - 35 calories

Not too bad of calories and super filling, the same thing has happened to me, earlier this week in fact where I was running late and no time to grab or make lunch and this is what I went and got. Super filling and yummy too.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options

What does this mean?

Or someone is holding a potato gun to her head and demanding she has mcdonalds! lol

Hahaha! Right?!
  • EmmieBaby
    Options

What does this mean?

Hehehe potato gun....fun to say...poootattoo guun hehehe (i am such a child)
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I recently had the Cranberry Apple Chicken Salad from Burger King, without the apple cider dressing (210 cals, yikes!!). It was delicious!!!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

What does this mean?

Hahaha! Right?!

It totally could happen though! - my girlfriend would do it to me :O