8 weeks and 1 lbs! What the heck? LOL

Options
Zombriana
Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
I rang in the new year at a dumb 143 lbs. Lost 5-6 lbs at the very beggining.
Next month, I beleive I lost 1-2 lbs.
Since March it's been a slow and steady race.
But I think I've found my sweet spot. I started lifting heavy about 5-6 weeks ago. Before that it was a lot of cardio (mainly mountain biking/spinning/treadmil) with intermittent lifting in the garage.

Well, about 8 weeks ago we booked our tickets to Maui and I was like, "Well crap, better try harder." LOL I took my before pics and was oh so sad. I can't go like this Yuck! I changed my calorie intake on here to TDEE (1700) and ate that every day, plus more on some days) and just exercised! Whatever I decided to burn that would could determine my weight loss.
From then until this morning. I've lost about 1 lbs. Lame right?

Top picture is 136.2 lbs
Bottom pictures are 135.4
5'1"

a821a7d4-a0ac-430d-9579-5c4a21fb229d_zps74c221a0.jpg

Replies

• TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think you look fabulous! You have gained muscle which weighs more than fat, and you can totally tell by the pictures! Keep up the work, and don't let the numbers dictate how you feel.

1529060.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Rhayahana
    Rhayahana Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I really need to start lifting... I want to look that awesome too!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You are definitely changing your body - you can see it - this is why we need to stay away from the scale!!

Had to edit to add great job :) You really do look awesome :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Well there's a definite difference. I would say that IF you're not counting calories, you should because you may be on the high end a little bit. How much time do you have left before going?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Zombriana
    Options
    Well there's a definite difference. I would say that IF you're not counting calories, you should because you may be on the high end a little bit. How much time do you have left before going?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I've been eating 1700-1850, my nets are usually 1100-1400.
    I've been doing 20-40 HIIT then doing weight training 35-55 minutes afterwards.
    I need a better routine though. I've been doing
    1: shoulders/tris/back
    2: legs
    3: chest/biceps/back
    4:legs

[edit] I leave sunday morning, :P
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements? Your body composition looks a lot different. And that's what we really want, right?
  • Zombriana
    Options
    My waist measurments have gone down a bit.
    28 - 27.5" at my smallest part
    33 - 31.5" around my belly button.
    39.5 - 39" on my butt too lol
    Everything is is pretty much the same.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, great work!!
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey Foxy woman...
    I can definitely see a major difference in your before and after. Don't give up on this, as you said, it's a slow and steady thing. You look amazing. Enjoy your vacation and take lots of pics for me!! Keep up the good work mija! <3
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I get confused when I see you eating 1700cal a day when ur only 5'1". Im 5'9 and Im eating 1700cals per day - that's a 300cal deficit for me. And then I do exercise and don't eat back the cals.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference. I think you look more toned. No worries...have fun and be confident with the results that you have worked hard for!!!
  • Zombriana
    Options
    I get confused when I see you eating 1700cal a day when ur only 5'1". Im 5'9 and Im eating 1700cals per day - that's a 300cal deficit for me. And then I do exercise and don't eat back the cals.

1700 is what I eat to maintain my weight. MFP puts me at 1625, but with my body fat percentage, I can spare more that MFP gives me. I looove to exercise, so I just left my goal to my TDEE and whatever I burn for the week will get me to where I lose weight. And I don't log my exercises into MFP, so that it doesn't mess with my macros. I'm far too hungry all the time to eat less.

I tried doing a lower goal, then logging my exercise calories, but I ended up on a weird roller coaster of eating 1300 one day, 2000 another, 1500 another, then back at 1300 when I didn't exercise, but then my body got soooo hungry on days I didn't exercise that I'd end up eating too much, ect ect. Eating a straight 1700 -1850 (on super high burn days) keeps my hunger satiated and I don't over induge on my rest days, or in general. C:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!