A HUGE first for me!

Options
CheesaMac
CheesaMac Posts: 4 Member
I just jogged one whole mile without stopping!!! That's quite an accomplishment for me.
With the exception of three swim seasons in High School (more than 12 years ago) I've always been anything but athletic. I've decided to set fitness goals for myself lately so that I have something to focus on other than the scale. I completed my first 5K a couple weeks ago and pushed myself really hard to achieve my goal time of 45 mins. Since then, I've been taking it a mile at a time trying to increase my speed. For the first time today I jogged a little over a mile, 13 mins straight! I'm very proud. All these years I honestly never knew I could do it. Time to sign up for my next 5k :-)

Replies

• gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Rock-On!!
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    I did that too just the other day and it felt great.
  • galelynn57
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Amazing achievement! Bet you felt wonderful.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Celebrating with you! Yay!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations! Great job!
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    NICE!! That's a huge accomplishment!!! Great job :drinker:

If you're wanting to slowly increase your speed/ distance/ etc - have you looked into nikeplus.com? I started using it in January (it's the thing with the sensor in your shoes with a wireless connection to your ipod), and you can track your progress. It's really cool and keeps you motivated! :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! Start working towards a second...u will AMAZE urself!!!!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! And quite a rush! I ran my first mile this year (about 12 mins) and then I did my first 5K on May 30 in 43:52! GO FOR IT!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Way to go!! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!