3 month progress (PICS!!!)

Options
2»

Replies

• uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great work, and good job sticking with it even if the scale went up! Clearly things were still changing for the better. I'm actually going to start trying StrongLifts tonight. My gym only has smith machines, so hopefully it still works!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Awesome progress and a fab testimony to the benefits of heavy lifting! :happy: :drinker:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    hell yes!
  • moonsforeyes
    moonsforeyes Posts: 228
    Options
    You look beautiful, strong and confident! Way to go girl!
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    NEVER in a million years would I have imagined people complimenting my abs!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    It's too late to edit but I just wanted to add that I HAD to increase my calories when I started SL. I went from undereating (1200 or less net per day) to around 1900 on my really hungry days, 1600 on my lowest days. Please don't start a heavy lifting program without properly fueling your body!
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning that! I know it's tempting for me to restrict too much while working out more than usual, and just feeling exahusted from it, leading to burn out. Thanks for showing us all that you can get those results even with more calories!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning that! I know it's tempting for me to restrict too much while working out more than usual, and just feeling exahusted from it, leading to burn out. Thanks for showing us all that you can get those results even with more calories!

Yep! So important to eat!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Your abs look awesome. I'm hoping I get there at some point. I agree......heavy lifting has helped me more than anything else.

Great Job!!
  • arixterkelley
    arixterkelley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :smile: YOu look wonderful! Keep up the good work!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Thanks!
  • butifulxtears
    Options
    What are strong lifts 5x5 ??
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    What are strong lifts 5x5 ??

It's a free weight lifting program. It focuses on 5 compound lifts-squat, bench press, barbell (pendlay) row, overhead press and deadlift. You progressively increase the weight with each workout.

And you end up looking awesome!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Do you do any cardio at all or just Stronglifts 5x5? I was thinking about starting that program but I don't have access to a gym. :(
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Awesome job! Do you do any cardio at all or just Stronglifts 5x5? I was thinking about starting that program but I don't have access to a gym. :(

I don't do traditional cardio at the gym too often anymore. I walk everyday with my coworkers for lunch and I take my dog out for walks. If I do decide to do anything at the gym, it's 15 minutes on the elliptical, increasing the resistance every five minutes.

If you don't have access to a gym I heard New Rules of Lifting for Women has a log of adaptable moves. It's a great book! It also talks about meal plans and all that so there's no guess work.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!! Very impressive.... I have heard loads of good things on Stronglifts definitely in my future goals....Thx oh and again you look AMAZING
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!