Need exercises to blast the waist

Options
I just got sized for my wedding dress and I need to lose 1 inch in the waist. Does anyone have some good tips for losing in the waist?

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I don't know of any specific way to spot train, but I would like to comment that the bassoon is an awesone instrument. Always loved that sound. :happy:
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    Anytime you do any kind of cardio - add this to the end of your stretching:

Take a weight (10 lbs is plenty), and hold it in front of you (the further you hold it out, the more you'll work your shoulders at the same time as well as getting a wider range of motion). Keeping your feet about shoulder width apart and using only your abs (gotta concentrate so you don't move your hips), turn right, then left (basically making big, wide half circles). Right to left is 1 rep; do 10. Rest, then 10 more, rest, 10 more.

Trust me, you'll feel it!

Good luck!
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    You cant really spot lose - the body takes it away wherever it decides. I think that medicine ball workouts help enormously for tightening up love handles and toning the stomach tho. There are beginners, intermediate and advanced routines, some on sites and some vids on Youtube. I'm not quite sure where you are at but it might be worth looking into...

Personally, I don't like sit ups as they dont really isolate the muscles your'e trying to work that efficiently and if your core isnt that strong, you can hurt your back... Weighted incline crunches are great tho, overloading the muscles so you get greater definition..

Hope it helps, msg me if you want any links to workouts etc & good luck with the big day prep...
  • aalekova
    aalekova Posts: 10
    Options
    you are on a ROLL!!
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to test the concept myself, I am dying to try it for myself shortly, but a lot of people recommend Zumba - some on this site have even said that they have discovered a waistline when they thought they were square! There's DVDs and/or local classes. Hope it helps you - and let me know how it goes for you if you do it.

I'm sure you'll look simply stunning in your wedding gown - good luck from down under!

Kind Regards,

Joy.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'll reiterate, you can't target fat loss. You can target muscle training, but for women, abdominal fat is almost always ABOVE the core muscle group, so yeah, you can do ab work all day, but you're not going to see visible results from it until the fat is gone. That doesn't mean don't do core until you lose the fat, it just means you need to burn fat to lose abdominal fat.

How? Eat at a controlled, healthy deficit, that's the bottom line, cardio or HIIT or circuit training... all great exercises for fat loss, but won't get you there any quicker if you don't set a reasonable deficit and stick to it.