Bodybugg vs. Other HRM

FabiolaEnvy♥
FabiolaEnvy♥ Posts: 730
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
http://www.24hourfitness.com/training/bodybugg/

there the link, what do you think about it?
Do you think its worth the money?
I have to basically wait about 4 pay check just to get it. cause $50 goes straight to my bill.
and the rest is whatever i please. i really want to get an HRM cause i know it will help with the better accuracy of my work out. but i have heard a lot about other HRM and they sounds great and cheaper to get one then the Bodybugg. but what i like about the bodybugg is that you can actually use it on your ipod and computer and program and play around with it. and it will tell you all the things for great results and not only that it can also track what you ate in the day. and tell you your calories deficit.

so i want to hear what you guys got to say? and what you guys think would be better?

Thanks in Advance :)

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    I've heard that the Bodybugg is great...the only catch being that you have to keep sinking money into the web registration or the device won't work, so IMHO, it's an overpriced money pit. I have a Polar F7, it works wonderfully, and I don't have to keep a web subscription running in order for me to use it!
  • I've heard that the Bodybugg is great...the only catch being that you have to keep sinking money into the web registration or the device won't work, so IMHO, it's an overpriced money pit. I have a Polar F7, it works wonderfully, and I don't have to keep a web subscription running in order for me to use it!

thanks for the tips :) ill keep that in mind
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    With the polar f7, can you track a days calories or is it just while you are working out? I work ridiculous shifts as a server that are super long and I'd love to know how many calories I burn wihle working or doing other random things, I love gadgets and numbers.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I have the Polar F4 and I love it. It tracks my calories burned during my workout, tells me my target heart rate, how long I was in my zone, and how long my workout was. I'm sure it does more, but I just haven't spent any time trying to figure it out.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Heart Rate Monitors are designed to only be accurate during a workout. The BodyBugg is designed to be worn all the time, even when you sleep.

If you just want to track how many calories you are using during a workout, the HRM is a good bet. If you want a record of how much you burn throughout the day and even at night, the Bugg is a good investment.

As for the money pit. When you first buy it you get six months on the web site. That is more than enough to educate yourself on how many calories you burn throughout the day and night and what you burn during most workouts. It's a good educational tool, just like keeping a food diary. I don't think you would need to use it after six months.

I have one and I found it a very useful education but after four months, I found that I had a very good idea of what I burned doig various activities and now, I just use those estimates on MFP. The website allows you to track calories similarly to MFP but I found that the food database is somewhat lacking.
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Bodybugg is definitely worth the investment. HRM's tend to overestimate calories burned during a workout. I have a Polar F7 too like many people on this post. It isn't that accurate. Mine usually said that I burned at least 100-200 calories more per workout than my BB tells me. That makes a big difference when you are trying to figure out how many calories you you need to be taking in and estimating your daily burn. I think the BB is invaluable. Yes, the software can be a little buggy, but its not that bad. Mine only cost 160 and the first 6 mos are free for the web subscription. I really love how you can set goals and make sure you meet them. If it is a few hours before the end of the day and I see I am still short on meeting my step goals or calorie burn I will often plug in a WII game and get moving. It keeps it fun and I pretty much always make my burn. Without the BB I never would have known that I used to overestimate what I burned which is why the weight was coming off super slow. I wish I had invested in one a long time ago!
This discussion has been closed.