Looking for support

Options
xLoveLexi
xLoveLexi Posts: 29 Member
Hello everyone, I hope your days are going well. I just want to introduce myself and tell you my goals, hopefully some of you share similar goals and we can help each other!

My name is Alexis, I'm 17 and will soon graduate from high school. I currently weigh around 180 lbs and at my lowest I think I was about 156 lbs. I've always been a little over weight, even trough my childhood. I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall, but even at 180 lbs I don't look too heavy, I believe that I have an athletic build. My goal weight is 130 lbs and I hope to accomplish this goal by May 15th, 2014. I've struggled with weight all my life, but I really want to make a change and become healthier.

My diet is kind of crazy, at one point I was vegetarian but due to health concerns I had to stop that. I would love to become vegetarian again, or at least not eat as much meat (though I usually don't eat red meats). So, I try to eat healthy, but then I find myself craving chocolate or chips and then I binge eat. I can't seem to control the amount of food that I eat sometimes. I used to not eat fast food at all, but my friends and I have been going out to eat a lot lately. My favorite fruit is watermelon, my favorite vegetable... uhm, I guess asparagus or green beans (I really like lettuce, I will eat lettuce plain sometimes - its weird).

With all that said, I am trying to become more positive about being healthy instead of looking at is as torture. I have a gym membership, however I go there inconsistently (trying to change that too). I want to be healthy and look and feel great in my body. I would really love someone who has similar goals as me to be like a fitness partner. We could inspire each other to make healthy choices or to exercise(:

Thank you for your time!

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can add me honey, I am on here every day, and know what it is like to be 17.. I have 32 years experience in weighlifting ect..If I can help you out in any way just ask:flowerforyou:
  • ElizaJay143
    ElizaJay143 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well, today I get my "welcome chip" again and could use a little extra motivation myself.

My stats are similar to yours, although I'm a little farther down the road. I am 5'3" and 154 today, My goal is 135 (for now) and at my peak I was 175 confirmed, but likely higher.

I was also a vegetarian for 13 years. I'm not anymore, but the only meat I eat is stuff my husband and I harvest ourselves (mostly him, I'm more the "gatherer" of our relationship).
  • cheyenneleebradley9
    Options
    You can always add me. I'm also young, I'm 20. I've always been big then thin big and thin and now since I'm older, it's hard for me to be thin again. I am 20 and my highest weight was 197 lbs, now I'm 184 lbs and I want to lose 39 more lbs.
  • ShaylaWaruk
    ShaylaWaruk Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there! I too have struggled with my weight throughout my life. At my lightest when I was in my 20's, I was 138 and so happy with that. I'm not 41, almost 42 and weight 185. I am also currently on WW and trying to see if MFP can help me along the way, since its free!!!

My struggle is chocolate/sweets. I love the taste of food too much too. Any help from anyone would be so greatful!! You can also add me as a friend if you like.

I'm pretty sure, at least for myself, that this will be an ongoing challenge for me. I have to accept this, otherwise, I will lose the battle, one which I'm not willing to accept that easily. :wink: