best exercises for stomach :) newbie here

Options
hey guys

sooooooo, I have joined fitness pal as I graduate in two months and have piled on the weight since uni. Its my own fault for not eating healthy.I have two jobs as well as starting up my business last year. But I am finishing uni on a sad note in a sense as I feel really unhealthy now :/ I am a uk size 16 and 5'6 and weigh about 14 stone.

My legs are still toned for when I used to go to karate as a teenager from the age 11-17. But my stomach is too pudgy. Best exercises to tone my stomach? :)

Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You will look more "toned" by decreasing your body fat percentage overall. There is no way to take fat away from just one place, but you can strengthen your muscles there by targeted exercises if you wish. The ab fat will eventually come off, but you will have to lose fat overall for that to happen.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    what big tall jay said, however good ab exercises are basic crunches, medicine ball twists, and PLANKS. But overall, you have to lose the fat, which you will by eating at a defecit
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    UP UR CARDIO, EAT @ A SMALL DEFICIT & DO EXERCISES DAT TARGETS UR ABS. REMEMBER ABS R MADE N DA KITCHEN SO IF UR NUTRITION LAPSE THEN SO WILL UR ABS. EAT QUALITY WHOLE FOODS. PLEASE NO JUNK FOOD & DEFINITELY NO SODA
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    there is no toning. you can condition your abs with specific core work... but that won't shift the "podgy" fat thats sat on top of the muscle.
    eat at a calorie deficit for a length of time and you'll get there.