30 day shred ... how do I do it ?

what # weights did you use and did you do the program everyday?

Replies

• fcevallos
    fcevallos Posts: 44 Member
    They use 3 lb weights in the video, so that's what I used. I found that some exercises I could have easily used 5 lbs, but I just stuck with 3 lbs for the three levels. My plan was to do it every day, but life got in the way and I probably missed 4 days total, here and there.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    I started out with 3 and 5 lb for most of the exercises. I've building my body for about two and half years now, and I now use 8 and 12 lbs now for the majority of them. I could probably go heavier on some, but 12 lbs is the largest I own. There are some though that still require only 3 or 5 lbs.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    I used 5lbs and 8lbs depending on the exercise because 3lbs wasn't a challenge for me. I did the program about every other day because I get bored easily. As long as you choose a weight that adds resistance, you should be okay. You don't want anything TOO heavy because the exercises are repetitive and you don't want to injure yourself. You just don't want it to be too easy either.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I did 30DS when I first started exercising. I used 5lb weights because it's all I had at the time. When I could move again :tongue: I went out and bought some 2s and 3s, and used those for the exercises I was weakest in.

I did the workout 4-5 days a week, sometimes only 3 days depending on my schedule, moving up a level whenever I felt I was ready. I think I spent longer than a month on the workout, but did it about 30 days total, and then bought some of her other workouts and would alternate days & workouts and do whichever level I felt like doing.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    day 1 I started with 5lb weights and I couldn't keep up with the video. on day 2 I dropped it to 3lb weights and I still struggled a bit but kept up with the flow better. ill go heavier as I get more strength in my wimpy little arms... I got to day 8 with no rest day and did fine until my baby kept waking up as soon as I turned the dvd on. I think he knows jillian makes mommy mad... lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I used 3lb and 5lb (although if I had 8's or 10's I could probably use those for some of it) and did it every day.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    I used between 5-10 pound weights. For Ripped in 30 I think I'm gonna need some 12's
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    I use 5 pound weights for all of it, because that's all I have.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    I'm using 5 lbs. it requires some whining at Jillian but I'm doing it.
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    I use 4 lbs because that's what available at home :))
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    I alternate 3 and 5. Some of the exercises tire me out with 5s so I use 3s for those.
  • candirose69
    candirose69 Posts: 149
    hello!
    I've been doign this with my sis and just started level 2 today!
    I have a range of weights because osme part of me are stronger then others! so i could use a 2.5kg weight (approx 5lb) and some I could only use a 1 or 1.5 kg *2-3lbs i think)
    I did 10 of the work outs which took me about 12 days because i ahd a few rests because i could not fit it in.

I am feeling like my endurance and strength has improved already too :)

Good luck!!