Core exercises please :) what worked best and why

Options
hey guys sooooooo, I have joined fitness pal as I graduate in two months and have piled on the weight since uni. Its my own fault for not eating healthy.I have two jobs as well as starting up my business last year. But I am finishing uni on a sad note in a sense as I feel really unhealthy now :/ I am a uk size 16 and 5'6 and weigh about 14 stone. My legs are still toned for when I used to go to karate as a teenager from the age 11-17. But my stomach is too pudgy. Best exercises to tone my stomach? :)

ps
I posted similar topic but I already have a diet plan set in place :) etc

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Most people have success with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It delivers results, especially in the mid-section. You will need to eat good too though. And, you can't spot-reduce fat.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    single leg dead lifts
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would suggest squats, deadlifts, chin-ups or virtually any other compound movement with heavy weights. As you do these, your core has to work to stabilize you, and will get stronger to keep up with the increasing demands.
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Jilian Michaels is awesome, check out nerdfitness, No gym membership required and davinia McCall core stability.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love incline bench sit ups
    roll up planks on ball
    bosu ball planks
    side bends with 35lb plates for obliques
    hanging knee raises
  • jennifermads1
    Options
    wow guys thanks some great advice, the lifting sounds great and something I want to get into :)