how long can i go with no carbs? 11lbs in 14 days

Options
So i've lost 11lb in 14 days so far without eating any key carbs (pasta, bread, rice, quinoa etc) and i wanted to know if anyone else had taken this approach and if so when did they go back on carbs and how?

Just wanted to state that i am surprisingly not too hungry!!

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    You lost weight thru a calorie deficit. Having low carbs had nothing to do with it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You lost weight thru a calorie deficit. Having low carbs had nothing to do with it.

Ding ding ding.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

I will add that depletion glycogen stores does not equate to fat loss.

The average that glycogen holds is 3g of water for every 1g of carbs. I think the average body holds around 500g of carbs so it can be about 5 lbs of carbohydrate stores(max).

but it isnt "bad weight" If anything it would allow your muscles to not look as flat.

When you start eating normally you will gain a few lbs of glycogen weight, some more from food in your stomach, and electrolytes coming back into your system
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I recommend the book "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes. It talks about the biological chemistry of our bodies and the complex qualities of the metabolism. It also talks about why you lost 11 pounds in such a short period of time. It is really a mind blowing book. The book contains references to a ton of research and references to formal studies done around the world. I read it in one weekend and it really changed my point of view on a lot of things.

On the other hand, as long as you're eating vegetables and a proper nutrition, you can stay without carbohydrates as long as you like. It can also be a very healthy lifestyle. Again, I really recommend the book.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I recommend the book "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes. It talks about the biological chemistry of our bodies and the complex qualities of the metabolism. It also talks about why you lost 11 pounds in such a short period of time. It is really a mind blowing book. The book contains references to a ton of research and references to formal studies done around the world. I read it in one weekend and it really changed my point of view on a lot of things.

On the other hand, as long as you're eating vegetables and a proper nutrition, you can stay without carbohydrates as long as you like. It can also be a very healthy lifestyle. Again, I really recommend the book.

I second this recommendation-great book!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Carbs/protein/fat etc are not your enemy. There is no food that is competing against you.

That includes sugar/sodium and all the other `things food wise` that you think you should avoid.

If you eat food in moderation then it will follow that you will be limiting high amounts of any other `stuff`

If you add some exercise into the equation then you are on the right track.