Diet Tips Vent

So I'm not really sure where to post this...but I gotta vent!

I am so sick of getting diet tips from people who are in no way living a healthy lifestyle!

My mother has been overweight her entire life, so have many of my neighbors around here and yet all of them feel the need to give me tips CONSTANTLY! Hey every now and again if they were like "hey have you heard of ________" but it's all the time. I don't want to be rude and tell them to shut up and leave me alone, but they also much of the time don't really know what they are talking about at all. My moms favorite thing to do is to tell me "you should carbs (or fat, or sugar, or a million other things)"

I'm losing my mind a little bit, but I feel a little better now haha
It just makes me feel like they think I can't do it and I need their help, but I don't! Encouragement? Sure! Tips...ehh not so much

I also want to say that this doesn't really apply to people who ARE living healthy lifestyles, because they generally are helpful, its everyone else who think they are fitness experts but never work out or eat healthy.

Sorry if I sound like a terrible person, I promise I'm not!

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    I go through it all the time. my mother is infamous for that.
  • raspberrytartgirl
    raspberrytartgirl Posts: 51 Member
    I go through the same with my stepdad's mother who is in starving mode eats 500 calories per day if that. she wants to give me diet tips to join her. I just left starving mode behind and umm no thank you maa'm. I want diet tips from people who eat healthy and can teach me.