friends who dont acknowledge milestones

Options
124»

Replies

• ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Who are you doing this for... you? Or your friends/"friends"?

I think MFP works best when you expect absolutely NOTHING from people on your friends' list. After all, most of these people probably do not know you personally in the real world. Also, this method is great because when you expect absolutely nothing, you can be sweetly surprised by a simple "nice burn!" comment on the most trivial of posts (like a 10 minute walk at 2 mph). :smooched:

Remember... milestones are amazing but it's the littlest of steps that we take each day that make the biggest difference.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. No I did not work out each day but I did 3 X a week and I did hit my goal weight.
    I appreciate all the feedback, both sides :)
    Thanks again.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't even have mine post the number of days I've been here, nor do I care.

If no one commented when you've lost 5 pounds, maybe then it should be upsetting. Anyone can log on; it takes work and dedication to lose weight, work out, and eat healthy.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. When you hit 900 days like me, silly things like that won't bother you as much......I hope.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm more likely to comment on a major day-milestone than a weight loss, but that's just me.

I don't really expect any of my friends to comment on the auto-generated posts, I'd rather they commented on the posts I write :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Is this like a new thing now? Making whiny threads when your "friends" don't pat your back and give you a WTG? :noway:
    I was wondering the exact same thing... :noway:

ETA: How many calories does all this hand-holding burn? I may start doing it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i have gone for a whole year and i got great comments,,,, get new friends!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Some of us have busy lives.. you know 8hr shifts, 2 kids to feed, dogs to walk....

Dont always have time to comment on stuff.

Wouldnt bother me a jot if people dont comment on mine, reason is..... im doing this for me, not so i can get a million +1 comments.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    get over it... I have 174 friends and only got 17 comments when I hit 1000 days. I'm still alive, still here, and not complaining about those who didn't comment.

wait, didn't we do this earlier this week?

And my comment (of those 17) was a facetious mean comment.

you didn't comment at all, facetious, mean or otherwise...

I'm so going to make a thread to complain about this! :angry:

I was pretty sure I said, "What ? Do you think you're special?' or maybe it was, "Now you're just showing off." I can't remember.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention at all to the "days logged" streaks for a couple of reasons

1) it isn't always accurate...I have really busy days working 40-60 hours a week, and quite often I don't make it onto the website and log only on my phone. That doesn't always count as "logging in"
    2) dude some people add everyone they meet on here...do you realize how long your newsfeed would be to read with that many "friends"?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Great hand job!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Did you send out a memo beforehand so they all KNEW that 200 was a big deal to you? They are not mind readers, you know.

hD1490E63
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Did you send out a memo beforehand so they all KNEW that 200 was a big deal to you? They are not mind readers, you know.

hD1490E63

Yes, but now that we do know.....we should PAR-TAY right!!

BoyDancers_zps6d456f73.gif

No? Oh, my bad.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    BoyDancers_zps6d456f73.gif
    Oh goodness. LOVE this gif! (and the dance :laugh: )
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I try to respond to friends daily, I clean out my list often of those that aren't active, or haven't been online in a while.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My friends held a gang-bang at my year mark!

I clearly need to add more people who are on your list. I'm almost to a year. I wouldn't want to miss my opportunity for an anniversary gang-bang.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Woo!!!! 200 is awesome!! Way to go!!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you've logged onto the internetz 200 days in a row. That probably means you may want to hit the gym and pavement a bit more.

In other news, I'm trying to watch Sponge Bob 500 days in a row and I absolutely expect pats on the back for that achievement.
    Let me know when you hit #500 and ill give you props! (It only counts if it is the same episode each time)