I want an all out Cheat Day!

Options
Run4Me2Day
Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
I am craving so many foods that I have taken out of my diet...I want a cheat day! Full Blown eat anything I want to and as much as I want to. The only problem with that is that I think if I were to go and try to have a cheat day, I would evaluate how many calories are in this and that....and would probably feel like crap afterward. I hate it when I argue with myself. What to do? Do you allow yourself a Full Blown Cheat day??

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I try to fit my cravings into my day without going over on calories. It helps that I haven't taken anything out of my diet - I just changed the amount I eat of the calorie-dense stuff.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I try to fit my cravings into my day without going over on calories. It helps that I haven't taken anything out of my diet - I just changed the amount I eat of the calorie-dense stuff.

^^^THIS^^^

If I had stopped eating foods that I enjoy, I wouldn't have stuck with it for this long. I would have had an all out binge day and then said eff it and went back to my old habits. Instead, I eat anything I want to, I just have a smaller portion and make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day. Besides, this is supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. Everything in moderation!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I've tried to have an all out cheat day on a few occasions but they all turned out to be "I'm going over but not by a whole lot" days. The angel over the right shoulder seems to win more often than not.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I am craving so many foods that I have taken out of my diet...I want a cheat day! Full Blown eat anything I want to and as much as I want to. The only problem with that is that I think if I were to go and try to have a cheat day, I would evaluate how many calories are in this and that....and would probably feel like crap afterward. I hate it when I argue with myself. What to do? Do you allow yourself a Full Blown Cheat day??

I really haven't taken anything out of my foods, which works nicely because than I avoid cravings and worrying I'll binge. So no, I don't have a need for a cheat day.

What is it you're craving?
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I agree, I do the same thing. Never restrict yourself to something completely. It effects your motivation negatively. I tried to go all in at first few months but then took one cheat day... and then it spread like infection and I ended up taking a whole solid 4 cheat weeks. >_<

Then I just started to not restrict myself to anything, works way better. I still ate some not so good things on occasion, like ice cream or whatever. Just make sure it fits your calories and you will be fine.

Eating junk food has no effect on your weight loss, if it fits your calories, you could even do it every day. Of course in that case it is not that healthy but, like I said, has no effect on your weight if it fits your cals and definitely has good effect on your motivation . ^^
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My friend and I split a cupcake the other day --still within our calories...

I had a Starbucks Frap the other night and remained a little under.

Plan you days and treat yourself!

Heck, if you want to, you could allow yourself a cheat everyday.

You'll find you won't go craving everything under the sun if you don't strike it from your daily life.

During the week I pretty much eat the same thing at work. When I come in in the morning I log my meals for what I'm going to eat that day, and if I'm craving a sweet treat I plan and work it in.

That way at the end of the night you're not depleted of your calorie allowance and craving something.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I had one of those on Saturday. I had been craving a specific meal from Longhorn for several weeks and finally went and had it. I also had been craving cake with nuts and had a slice from the local bakery the same day. Mentally and emotionally I was fine with the decision - no guilt, remorse, etc. However, physically I felt awful and it reminded me why I don't like to over eat.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Why is food so addictive!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet mmmmmmmm, that's what I'm thinking
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    Don't do it! Keep yourself strong, earn your treats through working out but remain on track. Don't ruin the rewards of your efforts.

-Blake
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have actually done this a few times. I now don't crave ANY of those foods because after going from extremely healthy eating to junk, me and my body felt awful for following few days...no I don't really crave anything too bad...sure, I may want the occasional milkshake from Chick-Fil-A, but it always fits into my daily calories with no problems.

My one warning though, the first time I did this was only about 4 months into my diet...and that ended up derailing me for a few months until I got my motivation back. I can't actually do massive cheat days anymore...I am too full before I can really start ramping up those calories.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

^^^THIS^^^

If I had stopped eating foods that I enjoy, I wouldn't have stuck with it for this long. I would have had an all out binge day and then said eff it and went back to my old habits. Instead, I eat anything I want to, I just have a smaller portion and make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day. Besides, this is supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. Everything in moderation!

BOTH of these..........
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If you're going to do, don't do any half measures. Go all out. Set a minimum calorie limit (say 5x maintenance) and go for it!

What will happen? You probably won't gain any weight on a one day splurge like that. What will happen is you'll be so miserable and possibly sick for several days after that when the next temptation to go bonkers strikes again, you'll be less inclined to give in.

This will also reinforce in your mind how bad for you all these junk foods are.

I say go for it! It'll make you stronger in the end.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    The issue isn't that you want a cheat day its that you cut things out of your diet.

Why would you do that? There is this thing called moderation, its a wonderful thing. Honest it will not kill you, you can eat everything you want and the bet part? You do not even have to worry about "falling off the wagon" because you will be eating everything you love.

Want a cookie? Does it fit your day? yes? Eat the cookie?
    Have a whole cake to eat? Have a piece - cut into pieces, freeze eat with ease.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i say Go for It!

dont forgot to log it as accurately as possible,

that way, you'll know what an All-Out-day looks like on your food diary

i've tried to have a day like that, but after a couple of really nice treats.......you know what happens......... Cravings gone

and i just back to a normal day

either way, let us know how it goes
  • kayteajo
    kayteajo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have rule with my eating habits change... If I want something so bad I wouldn't stand it, what can I remove or pass up?

It typically works. Like today, my office is buying us pizza for lunch. There are Kolaches in the break room right now...which I love! But I told myself if I want pizza I can't eat the Kolaches. Its a bartering with myself I do almost every day. Sometimes I know I am having a meeting someone will bring sweets, I eat a very light lunch.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I started this weight loss way of life August 2012. I have a "cheat day" every other week or so. As you can see it is working well for me. My cheat day sometimes is going over a little and other cheat days I full on binge. I usually save my cheat day for a time like this weekend when I know I will want to eat extra. (holiday cook out at parents). For me if I do not splurge once in a while I get crazy cravings that drive me nuts!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hogging Up BBQ & Music Festival

Address
    155 Fairground Road
    Cleark Brook , VA 22624

http://hoggingup.wordpress.com/

your welcome
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that it's possible to eat pretty much whatever you want in moderation. No need to cut out anything you really enjoy.

And I also think that sometimes, it's good to have an f-it day when you don't log anything and eat whatever you want.