Any 5'7" ladies around here?

Options
deeann7769
deeann7769 Posts: 21 Member
I need to take my before photos today, but I'm wondering how it is for the rest of y'all "too tall for regular, too short for tall" ladies out there?

Replies

• amalzingsong
    amalzingsong Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 :) I started at 230, currently 205. I want to be about 150-140.
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too. I started at 236lbs and I'm now at 159lbs. :) Not much more to lose for me, I'm very toned and not much fat to lose anymore, so I'm pretty much an after story. :P

So jealous. I never really took a before photo and I regret it soooooooooooo much.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I get a mix between 5"8 and 5"7. My starting weight was 220 and today I've officially hit ONEderland at 198 though I'm not marking anything down until weigh in day on Wednesday.
  • deeann7769
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too. I started at 236lbs and I'm now at 159lbs. :) Not much more to lose for me, I'm very toned and not much fat to lose anymore, so I'm pretty much an after story. :P

So jealous. I never really took a before photo and I regret it soooooooooooo much.

I just took mine, and I am not posting them until I have an after photo to un-depress me =P
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" but still in the same boat. Long/Tall is too long, regular is too short. I hovered around 140 my entire life (size 6-8) and after my fifth baby was born in 2011 went up to 190ish. I was down to 131, but started some meds a few months ago and put on about 10 lbs. I'm back to 140, but still a smaller pants size than normal, so I'm pleased, but working to get that last 10 lbs off and build lots and lots of muscle!
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Exactly 5'7" Started around 170, now my maintenance range is 130-134. I never realized I was "too tall for reg. and too short for tall!"
  • InfinityStars
    Options
    I'm 5'7, aiming to be around 120lbs :)
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

I just took mine, and I am not posting them until I have an after photo to un-depress me =P

I have a before picture. But I refuse to post it until I have an after picture to go with it.
    I take a picture every week, same pose, same shirt, same pants...and each week I edit the pics so they are side by side.

My current profile photo is my *before I got fat* before photo lol
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5' 7.5" This totally worked for me: 160 start, now 145. Perfect!
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I am 5'7.5. When I was chunky, I had issues with regular jeans. I am down to 138 and now they are fine. My conclusion: my butt has shrunk dramatically and needs less jeans to pull over it! Kind of dumb but a coworker is having the same problem. She gained weight and now has high waters. Does that make sense?
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'7 currently 202.7 (highest 256), goal weight 145. I would love to keep this group going to see how our progress is going and for support.
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am BARELY 5'7 and I am now 258.2lbs. I was 245ish when I got pregnant with my youngest in 2009 and was 304 in June of 2011 when I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. My goal is to get to 240 and then will start another one.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I need to take my before photos today, but I'm wondering how it is for the rest of y'all "too tall for regular, too short for tall" ladies out there?

So funny that you described it like that because that's exactly how I feel. I am sometimes 5'7" and sometimes 5'6" depending on who's doing the measuring. I started at 253 pounds, and I'm down to 196 pounds with a goal weight of a strong 170 pounds. Only 26 left. In the home stretch now!

Finding pants has been a pain in the butt recently. I am wearing a size 14, and I'm having the hardest time finding jeans that fit my waist that aren't too tight for my legs or that fit my legs but aren't falling off of my hips or that aren't too long or too short or too high-waisted or too low-waisted. I don't know if any of that has to do with my height, but that is the current dillemma. Otherwise, I am loving the way 196 pounds looks on me, so I can only imagine how much I will like 170 pounds.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7" i started at 256 and am currently 170. aiming for 145. i have pics on my profile
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    5'7", here, too...started out at 192 in mid-January, currently 163, would like to get down (ideally) to 145, but realistically, I'd be ok with 155. I'm working more toward measurements than what the scale says, which is a very bizarre thing to me, LOL...

I took before pix, and have a few "during" pix, side by side, and will probably take some more "during" in a week or two.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". My starting weight was 240 January 1st this year, current weight is 195, my next goal is 185 by my birthday July 2. 40 more pounds to go until I reach my final goal of 155, then maybe lower, we'll see once I get there. I'm currently on week 6 of Insanity and loving it!
    My profile pic is my before and current pic.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" Started 180 now 157

I feel like nothing fits me right lol I have a very long torso so I can not keep my shirt down no matter what lol
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and was 194lbs at the start of 2012. Now hover around 158-160lbs and am happy with my weight. I just want to do a little recomposition - bit more muscle; bit less fat. But overall happy with my size 8.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 my heaviest was about 160 and when I joined I was 145. I'm now at 134ish. I'm more focused on body fat % then I am weight. I'm currently 17.2% body fat and my aim was 17%. Now that I'm almost there, I'm aiming for 14% :)
  • deeann7769
    Options
    I have a 33 1/2" inseam, so pants lengths hate me. Unfortunately, I hate skirts and dresses... and shorts for that matter. Eh, life goes on =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!