What are some fun Podcasts to listen to while at the gym?

I usually listen to music when walking outside, but I recently joined a gym where their music is so loud (and terrible!!!) that I want to take some other peoples' advice and start listening to Podcasts to keep my mind off of it. I tried Nerdist today, but the one I listened to wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I'll give it another try, but I need more ideas... Anything funny, fun, interesting, etc, would be great.

Thank you!

Replies

• anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Hm I don't know about fun, but you could try Jillian Michaels' podcasts. If you're a fan of her videos/styles, then its along the same vibe, although some people find her annoying.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    In our time, start the week, thinking aloud, kermode & Mayo's film review - all BBC radio podcasts, available on iTunes....

.....none of which are fun, but all interesting! :)
  • Some of my favorites:
    SModcast
    The Indoor Kids - (If you're into videogames)
    Stuff You Should Know
    Masters of None
    SlashFilmCast - (Movie podcast)
    And I also sometimes like the Nerdist, but depends on the guest
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Kermode and Mayo, and Answer Me This! My two favourites. Also the whole back catalogue of The Ricky Gervais Show...
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Local Philly radio morning show called Preston and Steve are hilarious. 93.3 wmmr. Give them a week
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    I love This American Life, Radio Lab, and Stuff You Should Know
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    My Brother My Brother and Me on Maximum Fun

I'd listen, but it would be hard to lift while falling over laughing.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    If you're looking for something fitness related try http://impruvism.com/ . The most recent one on fat loss is awesome.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    It would help greatly if you listed a few of your interests. It's much less random that way. I'm a nerd, so Cast of Thrones and Boars, Gore and Swords are two GoT podcasts. Overthinking it is a bunch of nerds analyze current pop culture like movies and TV shows. Grantland Network has really good pop culture and sports pods. And the WTF podcast has good comedians discussing serious things.
  • servalan
    servalan Posts: 22 Member
    If you like The Daily Show, you can't go wrong with The Bugle. It's hilarious - though I have almost skidded off of the treadmill laughing. :)

I agree with the Answer Me This suggestion, it's good fun.

I also really like Greg Proop's podcast. It covers a lot of ground, even topics I thought I didn't care about. (I was wrong, he can make any topic interesting.)

Happy listening!
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    It would help greatly if you listed a few of your interests.

Oh yeah, that would be helpful! I love comedy, so I'm looking for Podcasts that are funny... I'm a fan of television in general, but I lean towards things like SNL and a lot of it's cast members who have gone on to do awesome things (Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, etc. etc. etc.). So that would give you an idea as to the kind of comedy I like.

I think I would like things along the lines of what you've suggested... I have heard about WTF so I'll be looking into that one, and there's something about nerds + pop culture that seems intriguing to me!
    If you like The Daily Show, you can't go wrong with The Bugle. It's hilarious - though I have almost skidded off of the treadmill laughing. :)

I also really like Greg Proop's podcast. It covers a lot of ground, even topics I thought I didn't care about. (I was wrong, he can make any topic interesting.)

These sound great too, thanks!
  • sunnysparkles16
    sunnysparkles16 Posts: 17 Member
    Wait, Wait Don't Tell is a funny and engaging podcast. I always find myself laughing. Hope this helps!
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    The Adam Carolla Show
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Stuff you should know is my go to for interesting. I'm going to check out some of the other suggestions.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Coverville is an interesting way to get a wide range of music. Reminds me I should listen to the GnR one again :drinker:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    I think my favorites are probably Doug Loves Movies (with Doug Benson), Hang Out with Me (with Myq Kaplan) and Comedy Film Nerds. You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes is also good, and he has a lot of interesting guests.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Anything Ghost, Jim Harold's Campfire, Tales from the Spacepod
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member

Happy listening!

Another vote for the Bugle; there's a huge back catalog of episodes that could keep you busy for weeks.
  • If you like comedy + nerdy stuff - the Nerdest podcast is awesome. I listen to it while I run, sometimes stopping to laugh. Also love love love the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast on NPR.