My very sad NSV

Options
jody664
jody664 Posts: 397 Member
Last Fall, I had a little windfall of cash and treated myself to two uber-expensive pair of jeans. Most I've ever paid for jeans in my life! I love them, and they are the reason I got back on the fitness bandwagon.....I noticed a few months ago there getting really snug.

Fasforward to today. Jeans' Day at work. I put them on this morning and OMG, they are too loose now! I had to wear a belt with them. I'm a little sad because I know I can probably still wear them for another 10 lb loss, but after that they are going to be way too big. They already are pretty saggy around the hips and thighs.

{Sigh} Hoping a good tailor can alter them when I reach my goal weight.......I'm not sure I'll ever have that much money to spend on jeans for a very long time.

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A bittersweet NSV. But good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Brilliant but sad NSV :)
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Have someone take those babies in for you!!! Best of both worlds!!! Keep up the good work and then buy yourself some more, super expensive, too cute jeans to fit your too cute BUTT!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    {Sigh} Hoping a good tailor can alter them when I reach my goal weight.......I'm not sure I'll ever have that much money to spend on jeans for a very long time.

I've always been a cheap jeans girl myself, but I'm sure a tailor can alter them. I've altered my own jeans before.
  • jody664
    Options

I've always been a cheap jeans girl myself, but I'm sure a tailor can alter them. I've altered my own jeans before.
    Thanks for your encouragement. I've never spent more than $20-30 on a pair of jeans before, and this was a HUGE splurge for me. I'm hoping you're right!!
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Think of it as you paying that much money for your weight loss. It's priceless ^_^ Keep it up :)
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Aw man!! That is a bitter sweet NSV. Totally random but have you thought about selling the jeans on Ebay (if they aren't too worn)? I have sold clothes on there in the past and while I haven't made 100% back on them I've done as well as 50-75% what I paid.

Just a thought!
  • jody664
    Options
    Aw man!! That is a bitter sweet NSV. Totally random but have you thought about selling the jeans on Ebay (if they aren't too worn)? I have sold clothes on there in the past and while I haven't made 100% back on them I've done as well as 50-75% what I paid.

Just a thought!
    That's a great idea. If I can't have them altered, I might go that route. If I sell both, maybe I'll have enough to get one pair. Thanks!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It was probably worth paying the money purely for that amazing moment of realising how much you've lost!
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is the downside to losing weight - the favourite clothes you have to get rid of :cry:
    But well done on the weight loss - you should def tailor or sell those jeans
  • maracuya23
    maracuya23 Posts: 122
    Options
    You might also be able to consign them- there are some places that are high-end jeans exchanges. If you have one nearby, you might be able to trade in or consign yours in exchange for a smaller size. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!