Need moms' success stories

Options

Replies

• soontobemomma
    Options
    claire671 - I saw your pics on your profile and that is amazing transformation. Thanks for sharing!

rosy003 - You look beautiful! I am 5.2'' and would like to get down to 120ish lbs. :)

blessedby2boy- You are so right about taking time to heal and adjust to motherhood. I know I wouldn't even know what hit me hahaha. But right now when I have the luxury of planning and working out according to my schedule, I am always stalking this success stories thread :) Glad I am not the only one :)

mrsbigmack- Wow! That's my goal actually to look better than pre-pregnancy, you know! And thanks for the inspiration.

Keriberi9- Hey you look so nice!! What a transformation and in such short amount of time! Details!!!

sakurarose13 - You look hot! What size jeans are you wearing (if you don't mind me asking)? Because I'm a shortie too :) wtg!
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Too much to repost. Here's my story. I didn't mention when I posted it, but when I was pregnant with my second I got up to 265 pounds. I just finished my first bodybuilding competition and placed second.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971636-my-story-of-sweet-revenge-pics
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    11d29681-a972-4cdb-8815-042e9edff3c5_zpsb34afadf.jpg
    c3d9ac90-ca58-471a-a7a3-6ff3c506f858_zpsdea1e512.jpg

Awesome story! Big congratulations!!! Smokin' hot body ! Thanks for sharing!
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing their stories!! Feel empowered and so ready to do it! :) Anyone else????
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and mum to a 2 year old and nearly 4 year old and I'm now smaller than when I fell pregnant with my first child, and much more toned. I'm not perfect and need to work on my belly, but you can still look good after having kids!

I'm 5'6 and was 220lbs 8 weeks after my 2nd was born and am now 157 and am looking to get to 150. I put on a lot in my 2nd pregnancy, and went 12 days overdue with an 8lbs10 baby.

I started working out when my 2nd was 7 weeks old, which was nearly 2 years ago now (she turned 2 on May 12th).

I had a year for maternity leave (I'm English so we can do this here) and fit the gym round my husband's shifts, then I went back to work part time and go tothe gym after work before collecting the kids (I'm a teacher so finish at 3) or do evening classes when my husband's at home, and morning classes on my days off. My gym has a crèche.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Having babies is hard on your body but it's not impossible to get back into shape. Here is my story.

http://www.transforminghealth.org/stories/2013/05/support-is-as-important-as-air-and-water.php
  • mamatafari
    mamatafari Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1- Don't listen to people and their nastiness. You never know where these words are coming from. Just remember that your body is doing what it intended when you got pregnant. You need the extra padding for that baby. And when the baby is born, just focus on being healthy, and not goingbonkers trying to get fit.

2-Breastfeeding is usually a helper in weight loss. I lost about 40 lbs with each pregnancy just by nursing (I walked a lot too). Plus, it is nature's best vaccine for little ones!

I gain a lot with each pregnancy. I have a slow metabolism, and that's just how it is. I started jogging when my #2 was 6 mos old. I had never been so fit! I loved using my jogging stroller (but wait until the baby is 6 mos old-has to do with their neck/strength).

Just remember to take care of yourself. When the baby is born, keep hydrated, eat (well, enough, and good food). You probably already look great! And you will look amazing after as well!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I was 198 just before giving birth 3.5 months ago and am 157 today :) have a bit more to go but I like my progress. I started out netting 1350 (accounting for 500 cals for breastfeeding so 1850 actually) and now netting 1200. First I just walked for exercise and when I got cleared I started doing general circuit type workouts at home.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I have two babies, one was born in 2003, and the second was born January 14, 2013. I was 19 with the first and my body responded really well, and bounced back very quickly after my son was born. I am finding it at almost 30 to be a much bigger task. I have come pretty far, but I am still a work in progress.
    Height: 5'8"
    January 15th 2013 weight: 165lbs
    February 1st 2013 weight: 155lbs
    February: 30 Day Shred 150lbs
    March: 40 minutes of cardio 145lbs
    April: 60 minutes of cardio 140lbs
    May: 70 minutes of cardio, but wasn't logging food very well and was cheating a lot so I am at 144lbs (probably a little less)
    My blog with my current goals and aspirations (including the jeans I wore before my daughter and my eating habits) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SerenaFisher/
    I started Insanity last week, the sixty day program is hopefully the last push to get me where I want to be. :) (Goal 130-135lbs < 17.5% BF)

And here is one of my four month journey images.
    PicsArt_1367645108437-vi.jpg
  • Babes1986
    Babes1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here I am Highest weight after pregnancy was 184 eekkkk at 5'2"

The top left is me at 184 lbs when my oldest was 4
    top right is 160 lbs about a month before getting pregnant with my youngest (born march 4, 2012)
    middle is me pregnant with the youngest at 190-194 lbs
    bottem left is may 2012 at 173 lbs
    bottem right was taken back in feb at 160 lbs again

I am now at 155 lbs and still want to lose another 15-25 lbs

ff67daa0-9bb5-4061-b22d-aecd65a1a87c_zpsfc3386e9.jpg
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow! Some incredible transformations. Here's mine:

beforeafterside_zps359437e0.jpg

and a little tummy progress:

tophalf_zpsb9083bde.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I wasn't really thin to begin with before having kids, more skinny fat at 120lbs. Sagging skin from having two babies (and horrible genes) don't really show all that I've lost but I'm sure someone will see it :laugh: Hope it inspires you!

Jan 8/Day 8 (181.5 lbs, 32%BF)
    47fc45fd-1b69-425c-a388-4ff3ddd9e105_zps6e71f3d2.jpg

Wearing a bathing suit for the first time in my life on May 19 (Day 139?) (164.5lbs, 21%BF):
    4f0497fa-2c95-4377-86ab-a2f8e7f5bbbc_zpsc8824c46.jpg

19593344_384.jpg
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was 155 before I got pregnant, already 30lbs over my 'comfy' weight. I had my son at 34wks, and i was 198 the day he was born. When I started on MFP, i was 180. I waited until he was 9mo to start losing bc I breastfeed and wanted to make sure my little preemie prince got super caloric milk until he was on solids.

So, dec, i was 180. Today, i was 148.2. My goal is 125 :)
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well, my baby is 9 months old now. I was in the early 170s before I became pregnant, so I wasn't thin to begin with (I'm 5'1). Before I gave birth, I weighed 185-187 lbs. After my son was born, I weighed 172-173 lbs. I put on the weight after the pregnancy (I was starving from breastfeeding! OMG). Looking back, I could have made better choices and taken walks to reduce the impact. Had I known what I know now (about TDEE and the like), I could have eaten to be satisfied/full while staying within a good calorie range. Lesson learned for my future babies!

In February, I weighed in at 185 lbs *gasp*. The heaviest I had ever been (the above doesn't count as I was carrying a baby). I started working out and eating better. I still breastfeed my boy, but it's more like dessert now, not the main dish. At my last weigh-in (a week ago), I was 165 lbs. I'm trying to get down to 150 before I reevaluate. I'm more concerned with how my body looks than what the scale says.

Getting there! :)
  • FineFitFatty
    Options
    you WILL bounce back! with my first I didn't gain that much and was back to my pre baby weight within 9 weeks. this time around, has proven to be more difficult, but I am losing and feeling better so that's what counts. you have to make the time every,single.day to get in some exercise because it's hard to find the motivation when you're sleep deprived and all that jazz. I ran after child #1 and it provided additional weight loss, but my figure was just eh. this time I've decided to try weight lifting as my main form of exercise and I can already tell that it will do wonders to my figure in the long haul. I have a ways to go, but I'm willing to wait to get the results I actually want (strong and svelte vs skinny). Good luck, mama!

Baby born 1.31.13
    Pics: First picture: May 4th - 165lbs Second picture: May 15th - 165lbs. Third picture: May 24th - 156lbs.
    254vfo4.jpg
    qqpjcw.jpg
  • louloulou
    louloulou Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have always sat around the 130-135lb weight range. Had 2 babies 18 months apart in age. With first I put on 44lb, with the second I put on 48lb (in my defence both where BIG babies, lol). Both times I lost all the weight, although the second time it took longer. For me, I didn't stress in the early days, just tried to eat in moderation, enjoy my new baby, went walking daily and let breastfeeding help melt away the pounds. When my second turned 1 I joined the gym. My profile pic was taken when my baby was about 18 months old.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My son is 7 months old and I'm 8 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant - and my hips are 2'' smaller.

I gained 44 pounds while pregnant and had a 9lb baby. It was hard on my body but I worked my *kitten* off and you can't even tell I had a baby now.

Congrats on your pregnancy, OP! Babies are the best thing ever :)
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I got the Move It Mom book on Kindle and did the routine in it. Plus during the third phase (there are 3 exercise phases in it) I started logging my calories. Of course, this is a postpartum book, but there are things you can do now.

I got some of the Moms into Fitness videos (momsintofitness.com), and I found that the yoga especially was helpful for me during pregnancy. You can download the videos. If you can make yourself get off the couch long enough to at least try the trimester-specific exercises, I am sure it will help! And then once you are cleared to exercise afterwards, do it! Either do the moms into fitness postpartum exercises or the Move it Mom ones or something geared for the postpartum body. It will make a difference!

That, and remember, just because you're eating for two doesn't mean you need to eat double. The second is a whole lot smaller than you are! I think I tried to eat for two adults with my first and I gained 50 lb! I'm losing weight after my 3rd, and I am finding that tracking my calories has made a really big difference.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I have had 8 children. My youngest is 20 months old. Stay active during your pregnancy, get active soon after your delivery (but follow your docs orders), breast feed if possible, and DO NOT let being a mom be an excuse for not taking care of yourself!!

e54b05f3-c52c-4539-a0c9-e122b4cc2614_zps93a5309f.jpg

2c66641e-71e3-4acf-8585-abcbdfcb6318_zps3a713627.jpg
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This is going to be very detailed so hope I get everything from start to now in there. I have a half a pound more to go to hit my ultimate goal weight.

When I was growing up I didn’t really start getting heavy till I was 10, I started to slim up in my teenage years but was never “Thin”. I was always on the hefty end of the weight rim. When I was 14, I was like 5 foot tall. I weighed 140lbs. I remember this because I remember a cousin and I having a conversation, she asked me how much I weighed, and I told her 140, that is what the scale that day said. I didn’t weigh myself all the time then, I wasn’t obsessed with it and didn’t really “care” how much I weighed. To me back then it was no big deal. Well I remember her saying “Oh wow, you hold your weight very good.”

When I was 19 I met my husband, didn’t care much for him when I met him. We started dating about a month after I met him and yeah he grew on me lol. I remember going to the beach with him and my best friend at the time and her boyfriend. I never “Owned” a bikini of my own, but a friend let me wear one of hers and honestly now that I think about it, I looked awful in it. I was about 150lbs then, and I was 5’1.5 which is my current height. I don’t know why I thought I needed a bikini then, urg. Live and learn I guess.

I ended up pregnant with my son in 2003, I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant, 21 when I had him. During my pregnancy I gained about 50lbs. After I had him, you can forget about me fitting into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I got down to 180, but couldn’t get passed that. I ended up falling into postpartum depression. Honestly I think it was more like Postpartum Psychosis. I was hospitalized for it for about 2 weeks. After I was out of the hospital I was medicated with anti depressants and anxiety medication. It caused me to gain weight. I was also on the birth control shot which caused me to gain weight. I have no idea my weight, I just know my pant size went from a 14 to an 18 and 20.

In September of 2009 my husband got in an accident at work that caused him to be out of work for awhile. So stress was put on me to figure out how to bring in some money. Also in September of 2009, my dad had a heart attack and found out he was a diabetic in the same day. This was an eye opener for me. I had signs of being a diabetic but I ignored it. In October of 2009 this photo was taken of me and found it on my friends facebook page, she tagged me in it, and honestly it made me sick. I was in denial that this was actually me.

250.jpg

I couldn’t believe this was me, I thought it was a sick joke, I didn’t see that girl in the mirror, I seen a thinner girl. When I seen myself I only had 1 chin, not 3. I did not have an obese problem in my mind. I just ignored it and walked away. Come 2010, I found myfitnesspal.com and thought I’d try to lose some weight. I joined and was ready, then in April of 2010, I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. By May 2010 I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I started seeing a diabetic doctor and also started seeing a nutritionist. By my last doctor appointment, I lost 70lbs. I went from 250lbs down to 180lbs. Yes you can lose weight while pregnant, if it’s needed. I was monitored by 2 different doctors and both said the same thing, that I was doing everything right. My baby girl was born healthy and only 7lbs 9oz. She’s a happy healthy little girl, almost 2.

Well after she was born I very quickly gained 25.5lbs back. I used MFP during my pregnancy for carb counting for my diabetes but lost my access.

September 22, 2011 – This is the day my life changed! This is when I was reborn. I woke up and my baby girl was asleep, I was in the bathroom about to get into the shower, and I remember looking in the mirror, standing there naked, looking at myself in disgust. For the first time in my life I finally said it out loud “I HATE YOU” I was crying and screaming at myself “How could you let yourself go like this? You are so pathetic.” I got in the shower and just cried. I got out, got dressed and went to my room, I sat on my bed and just cried some more. I was depressed and very unhappy. I started to feel sorry for myself. Then something snapped within me. “Feeling sorry for yourself isn’t changing anything. If you really are this sick of yourself, what are you going to do about it? No one can change this but you. Why do you hate yourself? You made yourself this way!” So now I was blaming myself, which honestly for me it worked. So I started running this all through my head “If you are really serious about this what are you going to do?” So I got on facebook and a friend of mine posted a quote and this quote changed my life. It is now my go to quote when I feel like giving up.

[/img]http://thininmyskin.iwebs.ws/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/264938390549046225_cyekQCEL_c.jpg[/img]

I’ve always been interested in losing weight, but I have never been committed to it. It was time to commit myself. I took a photo of myself because I wanted to always remind myself of the day my life changed. You can even see the anger on my face, the depression in my spirit. How miserable I was. You can see how lost I was. When I see this photo, I see the hate for myself.

205.jpg

After I dusted myself off and realized that the only way I could change is if I did it myself and not rely on anyone or anything at all. No I did not have any surgery, the only surgeries in my life I’ve ever had are 2 c-sections and surgery on my right arm. You may see the scar in a few of the photo’s. Now in order to pick myself up and start on this path I had to tell myself that I can’t better myself if I don’t love myself. This is so true. So in order to love myself, I had to find 1 thing I loved about myself and let it build into more. I’ve always loved my eyes, so I made an attempt to dress my eyes up a lot more. I didn’t do this alone, I don’t believe you can do it without a support system. Now don’t get me wrong, my support system didn’t come from home. In fact my husband and I were having issues and he didn’t believe I’d do it. He won’t admit that, but I don’t think he did think I would. I started to go to a weight loss clinic. At first I was a little skeptical, just wasn’t sure how it would all work. Well I went in and what won me over was when he looked at me and said “Yes we want to lose weight but that’s not all. We also want to lose inches, losing weight is just a number on the scale, losing inches is a whole lot more.” I knew right then that this guy knew what he was doing. I went in with the mindset of “This doctor is going to focus on the number on the scale.” While yeah that’s important when you are as obese as I was. So he put me on a 1200 calorie diet, told me to quit drinking soda’s and no fried foods. I have not had a soda in 11 months. I don’t miss them. I use to drink them religiously. Fried foods aren’t the easiest to cut out, once in awhile I’ll eat something fried and it reminds me real fast that it isn’t worth it. Makes my body slow way down.
    I have worked out and still do. I did Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred. My results from that, honestly that’s where most my inches fell off.

lots1.jpg

A lot of people see this are really amazed, I’m amazed that Jillian did this. You can get this workout at walmart for $10.00. I strongly suggest it. Now don’t expect to lose as much as me, a lot depends on it. How hard you work at it, how much you need to lose, how much fat you have in the regions, how tall you are, a lot depends on it. Some people have had amazing results, some people haven’t had as of amazing results. I promise you this though, you will get results. The more you want those results, the harder you need to work. Remember, you did not put the weight on over night, don’t expect to take it off over night.

One thing I have learned through all this is, the mind is a lot stronger then we know. Our mind controls us, until we take control over our mind. You have no idea how many times I wanted to give up, how many times I didn’t think I could do it. I’m not done yet by any means but I’m closer now then I’ve ever been before. My mom even says that she is proud of me because I stuck to it so long. I haven’t really stuck to much in my life. My marriage and being a mom and now this. I don’t plan on giving up, in fact my “I’m done losing weight” goal, when that is done I have so many other goals I’d like to accomplish. I hope this time next year, my stomach is showing abs and my stretch marks are nearly invisible. I have a long way for this goal but every day I get closer and closer to my weight loss goal. One thing at a time.

I want to go back to the love yourself part of this a moment. I didn’t really really fall in love with myself till I started to believe in myself, and that did not happen till I seen changes. I’m sure to some people I give off the impression that I’m into myself. Ya know? I am into myself, because I love myself so much now. I have worked so hard, I deserve to love myself and honestly if people don’t get that, then that is their problem. I am a great person and I have a great personality, sometimes it can be a strong personality, sometimes it can seem to be shy. Once I get to know you and the atmosphere I’m in, I eventually let loose and the real me starts to come out. I’ve been doubting myself at my new job, because my personality really hasn’t came out to much. That’s starting to change a little bit at a time. Every day is better on that.

I want to go back to the photo of my in September. Actually before that. I wanted to show the photo of me while I was pregnant with my angel girl. Also the photo of the month that she was born.

Picture-618.jpg

These are just a few from my maternity shoot. I did lose weight and you really can see that in my face. But I have lost a lot more since. These are December 2010 – December 2011.

1yr.jpg

Yeah I think weight from having a baby and actual weight from being fat is a little different looking, I don’t know. But The Christmas photo I was 180. I’m 180 in this photo. I’m 5’1.5 in height so ya know.

1801.jpg

I did take photo’s about each 10lbs loss, simply because I wanted to keep myself into this. This is something that helped me. I might not have looked great but I’m glad to have them. I won’t bore you with photo’s from each 10lbs but I’ll show you the difference in a few more. The photo’s I really like are the ones that are a year apart.
    Through this process there have been many up’s and many down’s. I went through moments of feeling like a failure, through feeling like it’s not worth it, through thinking I will never be where I want to be, to now knowing I will be to where I want to be. It takes time, it took years of putting it on, it’ll not come off over night and I know this. My mind tries to tell me all the time that I can’t, but when it does, I try to tell it I can and then prove it wrong. The only person that can stand in your way is the person you look back at in the mirror. I’ve heard excuses, I’ve used excuses, but until you are really ready, you will always have the perfect excuse. This is my time, and at 30 year’s old I look better then I did at 20 yrs old.

10yrs.jpg

Eating is not the enemy, food is not the enemy, bad food it the enemy. Honestly you don’t have to eat good for you to lose weight but you do have to watch how much of what you eat to lose weight. I don’t always eat good. I do know when I chose to eat bad I usually feel bad, mood and all is bad. The better you eat the more likely your calories are to last you for the day. Calories aren’t the only thing that plays into weight. Sodium, if you have to much sodium in your diet, you will bloat and gain water. Watch that sodium!

Well this is my story. Here are a few more photo’s. My 1 year apart photo’s till now and my most recent photo’s.

summerswimsuit.jpg

mechan.jpg

DSCF6366.jpg

today.jpg

stretch.jpg

70yq7c.jpg

eq5izl.jpg

daughter.jpg
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    *bump for later* thanks ladies for the motivation. its freezing here but i'm off to the gym ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!