TDEE

Options
So, I looked up my TDEE. I have a desk job, but do Insanity 6 days a week (though I put 5-6 times just in case I miss a day) and it said that my TDEE should be 2,562.
Now if it's -20%, I should be consuming 2,049 Right?

I feel like it's too much! I've been doing a 1200 calorie goal + most exercise calories (so approximately 1600/day)

I'm scared!
I'm a little afraid to put back on the 17lbs it took so much to lose!

This is the first time I'd be trying this...

Replies

• jimithegreek
    Options
    Correct. If you are worried, perhaps eat a bit below the 2,049 number, but more than you have been with the 1600. Maybe split the difference (1800) and see how tht works for you. Good luck!
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I suggest taking a while transitioning from your old number to new number by 200-is calories extra every day or two.

I am not sure if this is necessary but is helped me deal with the stress of increasing calories to a more sustainable level without affecting my progress.

Good luck.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Remember the TDEE calcualtors give you the average TDEE. Yours may differ. Every calculator I've used says I should lose on 1900 per day. But for a year I've maintained at 1900 (on average).

I'd up it slowly giving each change a week or two for you body to adjust, if it were me.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I had the same reaction when I started. But it works. I've been losing steadily since the switch. Just do it. You'll love how you feel!
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Should I keep my macros set at 40/30/30 or is this too much? too little?

Edit - when I changed my goals in MFP, it told me:

Daily Calorie Deficit 370.0 calories
    Projected Weight Loss 0.7 lbs/week

Isn't that a little too slow? It was at 1.5lbs/week before..
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had the same reaction when I started. But it works. I've been losing steadily since the switch. Just do it. You'll love how you feel!

How long after the switch did you start losing?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    I have mine at 40/30/30. It's working for me. I would say adjust your intake first, then you can start tweaking your macros once you're at a comfortable level.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    All of the online calculators show me that my TDEE is approximately 2000 (1900-2034)...however, I am losing weight at 2000 so my TDEE is actually higher. Just pick a reasonable number and test it for 4-6 weeks. Then re-evaluate and move forward.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

How long after the switch did you start losing?

2 weeks. I went from 1000-1200ish to 1700-1900 right away though. Kept my workouts steady and just watched it drop. It's not a fast loss (1/2lb to 1lb a week or so), but it's consistent, and I feel amazing. Been doing it for 3 months now.
  • MrsNgounda
    MrsNgounda Posts: 49
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing, so I'm gonna BUMP this one.