You know you've been single for too long when...

Options
LeeM86
LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
... the idea of your friends arranging you blind dates start to sound interesting.

LOL.

Am I the only one here who feels like they have been single forever? The problem with me is that I'm the anti girl-my-age. When I'm supposed to love partying and going out to drink and all that, I love staying at home, cooking, watching sci-fi/horror/asian movies and relaxing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love going out every now and then but just not as an every weekend thing. Specially when all the people my age loves to get drunk and I don't even drink alcohol.

Geez, being a nerdy girl with a somehow old-fashioned mind sucks. I only want a nice guy who likes to stay at home to play games, or watch movies, or make dinner together, have a LOTR marathon, or a Doctor Who one, or X Files one...

Forever alone? I guess so, since it's impossible to stay at home and find your better half. Buuuu.

*sorry for the whining*

Replies

• JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I will marry you!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I always tell my friends I will be forever alone. My best friend went no not forever alone, forever alone means you aren't loved. You ARE loved just perhaps forever single. Food for thought :)
    Also YES! It's rare that I go out anymore, my life is focused on my job, the gym and social events that don't revolved around getting drunk. I'm an old soul for the most part unless I'm hyper, then I'm a complete child haha.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to go up and play basketball all night long, going fishing all day on weekends, going to movies just because, lifting weights at whatever time I damn well chose...etc.
  • LeeM86
    Options
    I always tell my friends I will be forever alone. My best friend went no not forever alone, forever alone means you aren't loved. You ARE loved just perhaps forever single. Food for thought :)
    Also YES! It's rare that I go out anymore, my life is focused on my job, the gym and social events that don't revolved around getting drunk. I'm an old soul for the most part unless I'm hyper, then I'm a complete child haha.
    You have a point there. Not forever alone, since I'm really loved, but forever single. xD And with a cat.
    EXACTLY! Between work, working out, cooking healthy (which takes time in my case), and having some "me time" when I'm finally able to sit down and relax... well, let's say I don't have much time to socialize apart from hanging out with friends or family. No real dating chances.
    LOL. I'm the same way. I'm all business and serious, until I get hyper and then BAM, 4 years old affectionate hyper puppy me.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You forget what a Sammich tastes like......*sigh*
  • LeeM86
    Options
    I will marry you!

Hahaha, I skipped your reply without realizing it. Damn, how can I miss out a marriage proposal?!
    You're pretty, yes, I accept. :P Do I take it you like the same things?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • JessieJanie
    Options
    I will marry you!

Hahaha, I skipped your reply without realizing it. Damn, how can I miss out a marriage proposal?!

Yes! You're pretty too! I love Dr.Who, and sci fi movies, and horror movies and cooking. I'm pretty nerdy, and I'd rather stay home and sew or watch Firefly than go out drinking.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    7c100917a4b7100af310816ac890a287.jpg
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Nothing like the freedom though.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm destined to be alone....but I'm learning to accept it. No one to answer to and all the guilt free sex I can have! :happy:
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know I have been single for too long when I realize that the only guys I am attracted to are the ones who are 10 years younger than me. Which equals the 10 years I have been single. So basically my taste in men hasn't changed and I am still stuck in being in my early 20's.. lol
  • LeeM86
    Options
    I will marry you!

Yes! You're pretty too! I love Dr.Who, and sci fi movies, and horror movies and cooking. I'm pretty nerdy, and I'd rather stay home and sew or watch Firefly than go out drinking.

A girl after my own heart. Yes, beach wedding or garden wedding? I leave it up to you. A Vegas wedding is good too. :P
    I love knitting, it relaxes me a lot. Tell me you're a tenth Doctor girl and we can start picking names for the babies.
    Oh, I have been meaning to try watching Firefly. People keep recommending it to me, but since I'm in the middle of a X Files re-watching I haven't really had time.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    You have a point there. Not forever alone, since I'm really loved, but forever single. xD And with a cat.
    EXACTLY! Between work, working out, cooking healthy (which takes time in my case), and having some "me time" when I'm finally able to sit down and relax... well, let's say I don't have much time to socialize apart from hanging out with friends or family. No real dating chances.
    LOL. I'm the same way. I'm all business and serious, until I get hyper and then BAM, 4 years old affectionate hyper puppy me.
    Dating I do have the chance to do but nothing serious, I either scare men off with how seriously I take my job or I friend-zone them because it wouldn't work out.. My friends don't live near me anymore so I flood my life with health, fitness and my job.
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm not single. But my personality is the same way as yours. This being said, THERE IS HOPE! I love staying at home & cooking etc. etc. Scyfy! LOTR! Video Games! I found a very buff, handsome, video game playing, LOTR loving Nerd just for me! Him and I play video games together at home & work out in the mornings together! We're both 24. We've been together almost 7 yrs now, married almost 6, have two beautiful children. Love is out there for ya girl! Even for us nerdy girls! Hang in there!
  • JessieJanie
    Options
    I will marry you!

A girl after my own heart. Yes, beach wedding or garden wedding? I leave it up to you. A Vegas wedding is good too. :P
    I love knitting, it relaxes me a lot. Tell me you're a tenth Doctor girl and we can start picking names for the babies.
    Oh, I have been meaning to try watching Firefly. People keep recommending it to me, but since I'm in the middle of a X Files re-watching I haven't really had time.

Let's go with a beach wedding. David Tennant forever! Seriously! We should get married. And you should get around to Firefly, it's awesome. Although, I'm an X-Files fan too, so I can't blame you for not getting to it yet. If you're also into fifties pinup stuff, then we're soul mates.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm not single. But my personality is the same way as yours. This being said, THERE IS HOPE! I love staying at home & cooking etc. etc. Scyfy! LOTR! Video Games! I found a very buff, handsome, video game playing, LOTR loving Nerd just for me! Him and I play video games together at home & work out in the mornings together! We're both 24. We've been together almost 7 yrs now, married almost 6, have two beautiful children. Love is out there for ya girl! Even for us nerdy girls! Hang in there!

Everything you said with very little difference is my husband and I =). So yes there is hope!

(I have 1 little girl, my husband is 25 and we've been together 10 years married for 6 =))
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You can be single too long....??!!

Been single for 3 years (have 4 cats!!) also have holidays whenever and wherever I want, watch what I like on tv, eat what I want, go out when I want, don't have to pick up dirty socks from all over the house or make any compromises in my own home.

Rules for life:

1. Find a man you can talk to
    2. Find a man who makes you laugh
    3. Find a man who's fantastic in bed
    4. Find a man with a good job
    5. Then make sure none of these men ever meet each other!!! :wink:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm destined to be alone....but I'm learning to accept it. No one to answer to and all the guilt free sex I can have! :happy:

hahaha im with you! :drinker:
  • LeeM86
    Options
    I will marry you!

Let's go with a beach wedding. David Tennant forever! Seriously! We should get married. And you should get around to Firefly, it's awesome. Although, I'm an X-Files fan too, so I can't blame you for not getting to it yet. If you're also into fifties pinup stuff, then we're soul mates.

OH.MY.GOD.... WE'RE SO DESTINED IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY. XD
    I not only love 50s pin-up stuff, but my whole style on daily basis is inspired by it. One of my biggest girl crushes is Dita Von Teese. I adore the fashion, the lingerie, everything. I made a post today showing my new swimsuit which is from my mom, an original 50s piece. I even work out listening most of the 50s inspired songs by Christina Aguilera.
    And you like X Files.... yes, this is official, girl. We're sooo getting married. (I will start by sending a FR if you don't mind. xD Or does that make me creepy?)