Triathlon newbie looking for friends to help train :)

Options
chubbard9
chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
Not terribly new, but I'm looking for some more friends :)

I signed up for my first Triathlon for August 4th this year... While I have a few Tri friends, I am looking for more... More that can also give me pointers and tell me where I might be going wrong... Just looking for people who are either new to Triathlons and planning to do them as well, and those who have done them before and know what's the deal :)

Feel free to add me if any of you wish!

Replies

• krissypmamacita
    krissypmamacita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also signed up for my first (sprint) triathlon on 8/18 and would love someone to be an accountability partner :happy:
  • mirandagreenhalgh
    Options
    I'm a newbie as well. First sprint tri on 7/6. Would love some new training buddies as well!
  • bridgetmarie101
    bridgetmarie101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! Okay, I haven't actually signed up for my first one yet, but I am doing my first 5K in a few weeks, working my way up. Meanwhile, I swim and bike and run as my main workouts. What training plans are you guys using?
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/trainingplans-list.asp
    I have been browsing BT a lot lately, looking up training plans, but I've created my own little one. It's not on point, but I'll inbox a link to you (google docs rock) :)

BTW Added everyone :) Thanks for the adds! :)
  • kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 1st tri 1 week from today - yikes! Have been training for 8 weeks. I'm wasn't a swimmer, biker, or runner so had to learn 3 new sports - whew. So proud my 8 yr old son has also decided he is going to do the kids tri the day before mine. We will both participate as individuals not teams. The biking & running isn't too bad but my swimming is awful even working with a swim coach. I've decided I'm just fine with doing whatever stroke is necessary in the water and that it doesn't need to be fast or pretty. My goal is to finish and hopefully not be last. Good luck to you all on your races!!
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite a Triathlon trainee, but I'm in for some hardcore workouts! I'm training for a Tough Mudder. Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i'm doing my third and fourth triathlon this year, including the nyc triathlon in july.

my advice is to join your local triathlon club. i'm sure their is one. i put it off for a while, but i'm glad i finally did it.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I've got a few under my belt and getting more comfortable. I've got one per month scheduled for June, July, August, and September. Would be happy to have more tri friends.
  • tryskinni
    tryskinni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all of you for getting out there with tris!!
  • iamDawnAnderson
    iamDawnAnderson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Late to the party, but would love to talk Tri with more folks! First tri is also 8/18. Feel free to add me as well!
  • iamDawnAnderson
    iamDawnAnderson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Krissy - I think we are doing the same Tri! I'm in Richmond... are you doing Pink Power?
  • jentris
    jentris Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I've done a few too, mostly sprint distance but I did swim the half IM as a relay last year. :)
  • PollyWolly98
    PollyWolly98 Posts: 112
    Options
    I know I'm a little late for this thread, but I would love to have some tri friends. I just decided to sign up for my first sprint tri on 8/18 and definitely need some friends to help pull me through.
  • jaq_attaq
    jaq_attaq Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! One of my MFP goals is to finally do a sprint tri. I signed up and trained for one almost ten years ago then chickened out at the last minute when I worried that my training had slacked off too much for me to finish.

Now I'm ready to think about it again -- but first my goal is to do a few 5Ks over the next few months and THEN start training for a sprint tri. Frankly my time doing tri training were the best workout months of my life: alternating between swimming, running, and biking helped to prevent boredom and really gave my body a nice, well-rounded fitness level.

Anyway, feel free to friend me! I'd love to see your tri-training posts on my dashboard feed ... even if I'm not quite there myself. : )