hey i'm new!

fadingintou789
fadingintou789 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,

I am brand new to myfitnesspal. I just found the app on my iPhone on Monday and I am so happy I did, it seriously is awesome! I already had 3 of my friends sign up with the app. I am a 20 year old girl from PA. I am a full time student (off for summer) and a full time server/bartender at a restaurant. Unfortunately that means I eat a lot of food from there. I am not super overweight but would like to lose 15-20 pounds for summer. I am looking for some motivation (although its been quite easy thus far with this calorie counter) and hopefully to make some friends who are in the same situation.

Thanks!
Lindsey

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Welcome! The people here are really good and I have seen several good responses concerning server/bartenders staying away from the fatty foods.
    - bring own meals with lots of veggies and other healthy foods--at least bars have those (for bloody mary's and other fancy drinks).
    - try to stay away from sodas, other carbonated beverages, and salty foods.
    - drink lots of water (tho not a good thing at work, is it? ;)

I'm not currently accepting 'friends' to my site, but I love talking on the question areas.

Have fun here!
  • lieblingsbunny
    lieblingsbunny Posts: 10 Member
    The calorie counter is pretty great to use (I think we just don't realize how much we're putting in us!), Good luck!
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    The calorie log on here is great! I'm like you and only plan to lose a little bit of weight, but I think I'll continue using MFP even after I reach my goal so I can keep my cholesterol and salt levels in check.

Welcome to MFP!
This discussion has been closed.