Bodymedia LINK battery life

Options
I just got my Bodymedia link and it's the coolest thing ever. I'm traveling for business next week and would love to bring it with me. I'm not planning to bring my personal computer and won't be able to charge the armband. I will be gone about 3 1/2 - 4 days. Will the battery last? Are there things I can do (or not do) to help it last? I'm curious about people's actual experience with battery life for the Link.

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Make sure that in the app it is set to "close on exit" - the battery will literally last nearly a week provided it is fully charged and you don't connect it often.

Also a tip: If you have one of those wall adapters for USB cell phone charger cables you can charge it through there no computer needed. I use my iPhone wall adapter and plug the USB cable right into that on the wall and it charges my Armband.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Are you serious that I can charge it like my iPhone (wall charger)? I've got 700 chargers for that. If that's true, you've made me a very happy woman. Problem solved!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Serious. It works for me!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I just got a link a couple of weeks ago and was travelling right after gettitng it for 8 days without my computer. The battery lasted, I was going to charge it with a wall charger (which they do not recommend but I'd still do it). I didn't need to charge it, but I also do not keep it linked with my phone app all the time, when I am done checking on my phone, I always click on "disconnect" before exiting app. I travel a lot for work and don't like hauling my laptop around. Another idea I had was that there are always computers all over the place and if you didn't want to use a wall charger you could probably find a computer at the hotel or what have you and just plug into it while browsing a bit. It charges fast. Or if you are traveling with coworkers, one of them usually has a laptop. Etc :). Have a good trip.