I'm feeling blue...

Options
So I lost 25 lbs and reached my goal weight (yay!); got really fit and toned, and started to online date. I met a great guy who seemed really compatible and now after our 3rd date he says he just wants to be friends. :(
It sucks to be rejected.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Forget him. Next!
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Forget him. Next!

This. I know it sucks to be rejected, but seriously, you are stunning and young, and you should enjoy dating for a while. It's fun.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a silver lining, at least it was only three dates. Dust yourself off and get back out there. You'll be fine.
  • lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    If you're looking for a silver lining, at least it was only three dates. Dust yourself off and get back out there. You'll be fine.

Absolutely - at least only 3 dates and not a few years only to find he wants to be friends. Be thankful and move on.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on someone else's acceptance of you to make you happy. It wasn't meant to be. But you gained a friend! Good for you. :drinker: Moving on.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sounds like his loss to me! Next! Enjoy it
  • jazzy1a
    jazzy1a Posts: 39
    Options
    thanks for your support...

Its not easy finding compatible guys so its hard sometimes to believe in a "next"

Frankly as tough as losing the weight was, finding a Mr. Right seems so much tougher a challenge...

I probably just have to give myself a few days to get over this disappointment.
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Ive online dated on and off for about 2 years. I could write a book with the dating experiences i've had.

Try not to take it personally. I know its pretty much impossible not to. The last guy I met up with would text me every 5 minutes, said how pretty I was etc. Then once we met up, his texts came to a halt. Made me feel as though it must be my personality that he found so awful. Got me down for days. We are only human.

Keep focusing on yourself. You are far more important than any silly guy who cant see what an amazing person you are. He obviously isnt the one, so keep on looking for someone who is good enough to have you.
  • jazzy1a
    jazzy1a Posts: 39
    Options
    I know how you feel. Ive online dated on and off for about 2 years. I could write a book with the dating experiences i've had.

Try not to take it personally. I know its pretty much impossible not to. The last guy I met up with would text me every 5 minutes, said how pretty I was etc. Then once we met up, his texts came to a halt. Made me feel as though it must be my personality that he found so awful. Got me down for days. We are only human.

Keep focusing on yourself. You are far more important than any silly guy who cant see what an amazing person you are. He obviously isnt the one, so keep on looking for someone who is good enough to have you.

thank you!! yeah its my humaness that is so great and also so hard sometimes....
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice. Do not depend on others for acceptance. Be very proud of who you are and how far you have come WITHOUT a man. Pretty impressive on your own. Enjoy being free & single. Now is not the time to settle or anytime, you deserve the best and that is" YOU!":flowerforyou:
    Don't rely on someone else's acceptance of you to make you happy. It wasn't meant to be. But you gained a friend! Good for you. :drinker: Moving on.