How often to you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't own a scale, so I only weigh myself at the Dr's office once a month when I go for my regular visit. And I like his scale better than the dietician's scale. Her's seems to always weigh heavier. I think there is an gravitational anomaly under her scale. I know I am burning more calories than I am eating, so I know I am losing weight. I can also see it in the way my cloths fit. Already had to go buy some new clothes because what I had was too big. And I have to order some new uniform now for work too
  • YolandaSaez
    YolandaSaez Posts: 59
    Options
    lets see, sometimes 2-3 times in a week... give or take
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options
    Daily, but I record it only once a week. If you weigh daily, it's very important that you can stay unaffected by fluctuations. For those who get depressed by the scale, I don't recommend it. But if you can handle it, you begin to see patterns. It keeps me accountable, only takes a minute, and it's a good reminder to eat right for the day, even when I lose. I don't called it obsessed, I think it's being aware.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    every morning after my hearty trip to the latrine....im bad though i will check through out the day.

i have a problem...hangs head in shame.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Saturdays. You will stress yourself out if you weigh every day. Your weighs can change +/- 2-5 pounds a day.
  • pamelawvonbergen
    pamelawvonbergen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday. Sometimes I do a midweek weigh in to see how I am doing. I am just beginning my weight loss journey so I need to keep myself in check with the weigh in's. :-)
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    weekly, same day, 1st thing in the morning after ablutions
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself everyday because I'm interested in seeing how the different things I do affect my body (like losing 2lbs after a night of drinking & gaining 3lbs the following day after haha.) But I don't really look at a weight loss or gain sooner than once a week. If I weigh about the same for 2-3 days in a row before a Wednesday, then I usually mark the change then.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale addict.

About 5 times a day.

Seriously.

I did have a day or two about a week ago I didnt weigh at all. I couldnt take it anymore.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Even if you dont eat or drink anything, your weight can still change day to day.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Even if you dont eat or drink anything, your weight can still change day to day.

If I didnt eat or drink anything... it would make sense my weight would change... I would cry if it didnt.
  • eagertoloseweight1
    Options
    Several times a day!
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning when I wake up.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    If you are working on fitness and eating clean your weight can fluctuate by as much as +/- 5 lbs. on a daily basis. I try to only weigh myself and do body fat every Monday morning... after excretion that is.
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I too am a scale addict, I have no self control when it comes to this. To prevent myself from driving myself insane I now have my husband hide it from me. He returns it to me on Sunday nights and after I weigh on Monday mornings I leave it on the coffee table and it is hidden away again before I return home on Monday afternoon. Sad I know, but it works. :-)
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I used to never weigh myself & gained a lot of weight...out of sight, out of mind. Now, I weigh myself multiple times a day. But, I'm not discouraged if the scale goes up, I can look back @ my food & exercise diary to evaluate. I also measure myself often in a week, especially when I feel skinny! lol
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every week (sundays) but as i'm getting nearer to my goal the weight loss has slowed down (boo!) so i've now decided to weigh myself every other week instead
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I ask because I have this super strong impulse to weigh myself every. single. morning. I've given into it nearly every day for years now despite being able to recognize how unhealthy the obsession is. Ideally, I'd like to weigh in only on Mondays, but that is a massive goal for me! I know it might sound silly; I really can't explain it.

How often do YOU weigh yourself? & does anyone else have this problem?

When I am not participating in a challenge where the rules dictate otherwise, I weigh myself on the first Monday on every month.

I only have the issue of wanting to weigh myself more when I am actually weighing myself more, like once a week. I prefer to see changes in my physique, the way clothes fit, etc. to whatever the scale says, so I just stay off the stupid thing and judge my success based on my appearance.