Pole Dancing

KiriKiriKiri
KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have any idea how many calories are burned in one hour of pole dancing classes? That's right, this little freak has taken the plunge and signed up for classes! :laugh:

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Does anyone have any idea how many calories are burned in one hour of pole dancing classes? That's right, this little freak has taken the plunge and signed up for classes! :laugh:
    I would say without an HRM it's gonna be wild guess. LOL We'd all be doing it different, if you know what I mean, I've taken a couple classes and they do vary. I wouldn't have clue what to suggest except start picking out and saving for that HRM:wink::tongue:

Oh, and you'll LOVE it!!:tongue:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    oh la la ............. you go girl!!!!! I am no help in regards to knowing calories burned :blushing: ...just had to throw in my comment !!!! :wink:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    I've always wanted to do this! I hear it's a great core workout, along with buns and thighs. I wish they had that where I live. The classes, I mean!:laugh:
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    I've always wanted to do this! I hear it's a great core workout, along with buns and thighs. I wish they had that where I live. The classes, I mean!:laugh:

LOL! The great buns and thighs wouldn't be bad either, if on the right gender/model ;)
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    As a fellow pole dancer I can say that each class is going to vary in cals burnt as it is a lot of strength training and at first not so much cardio - unless your classes have a lot of "dance" time, our classes are mainly trick based - spins and inverts etc. So I've never been too sure how many cals are burnt.

I usually log it as a little less than what my 30 Day Shred gives me - about 180 cals as I don't want to over estimate but I want to add SOMETHING - you know what I mean?

Good luck hun, it's great fun, you will love it!
    -x-x-
This discussion has been closed.