Biggest Fear?

Options
What is your biggest fear within your workout/diet/weight loss?

Replies

• paradisochick
    Options
    That I'll lose the weight and still be unhappy with the way that I look, somehow.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Putting in a lot of effort only to get stuck and give up. It's happened before so I'm afraid of doing it again, but I also know that can be a self fulfilling prophecy so I'm trying to get past it :)
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That I wont actually lose weight. I've been at this for a month and no progress, on the scale or the measuring tape, and my clothes aren't fitting any looser either. I'm terrified that I'll just always be fat. :(
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hmm i don't really have any fear when it comes to my weight loss. Shrugs.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Putting in a lot of effort only to get stuck and give up. It's happened before so I'm afraid of doing it again, but I also know that can be a self fulfilling prophecy so I'm trying to get past it :)

It takes time. It might not seem like its doing anything and it might take forever but its a LONG process. You just need motivation to keep you going.
  • brentbarrie
    Options
    That I wont actually lose weight. I've been at this for a month and no progress, on the scale or the measuring tape, and my clothes aren't fitting any looser either. I'm terrified that I'll just always be fat. :(

Have you done your BMR and TDEE?
  • brentbarrie
    Options
    I have had sore and painful knees for many years and it seems to be getting worse with Insanity. I've been making really good progress and I'm just over halfway through. My biggest fear is that my knee has been messed up for a while and needs surgery to be fixed. I'm scared that it will need an extended period of time to heal and have to start all over again.
  • natasa26ca
    Options
    I have had sore and painful knees for many years and it seems to be getting worse with Insanity. I've been making really good progress and I'm just over halfway through. My biggest fear is that my knee has been messed up for a while and needs surgery to be fixed. I'm scared that it will need an extended period of time to heal and have to start all over again.

Ouch.

My hubby is experiancing something simmilar to this but instead of his knee, it is his shoulder that is the problem.
    he took MRI and got injection and now only time can tell if he will actually need surgery or not.
    Hang in there.
    I hope it gets better
  • natasa26ca
    Options
    Now that we are talking about phisical problems, my hip has been giving me problems if i do cardio for more then 45 min. It gets all painful and stuff.
    I think i will go and have a little chat with my doctor and see whats going on.
  • brentbarrie
    Options
    Now that we are talking about phisical problems, my hip has been giving me problems if i do cardio for more then 45 min. It gets all painful and stuff.
    I think i will go and have a little chat with my doctor and see whats going on.

That's what I need to do :(
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    That I'll quit or fail. I have many times in the past, but after much trial and error, I have found something that is sustainable for me. I just need to make the choices every day to execute my plan without excuses. I find, however, that success tends to beget more success for me. The better I do, the more I want to do even better.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That I will still hate the person I see in the mirror
  • cristynfaye
    Options

What are they?
  • brentbarrie
    Options

What are they?

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the number of calories that your body burns on a daily basis to maintain your lean body mass. Knowing your BMR is the first piece of the puzzle that you need to understand if you're going to lose weight and keep it off forever.

It will tell you how many calories you need to eat to gain weight, lose weight, or keep your weight balanced. Check out this website to calculate it and explain some more.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • cristynfaye
    Options

What are they?

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the number of calories that your body burns on a daily basis to maintain your lean body mass. Knowing your BMR is the first piece of the puzzle that you need to understand if you're going to lose weight and keep it off forever.

It will tell you how many calories you need to eat to gain weight, lose weight, or keep your weight balanced. Check out this website to calculate it and explain some more.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Oh awesome, I'll check that out. Thanks!
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'll regain
    I'll lose friends that I thought were my friends (guess it's better to know)
    I won't know what to do with my sexy self
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Loose Skin and Flabby Arms...
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Loose Skin and Flabby Arms...

that's my fear too...that I'll lose the weight and still be unhappy with how I look because of excess skin because it hadn't tightened up as I lost the weight.... is there much we can do to at least help stop this from happening? I'm assuming strength training will be part of it but is there anything else?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    What is your biggest fear within your workout/diet/weight loss?

Getting sick or injured and being unable to exercise.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Losing all my boobs :(