Unsure my body type, needing motivation!

I dont have pics up on my MFP except my profile one because I am at work I can't upload any, but how do I figure out what my body type? Do I go by only what my body type is NOW or what I was when I was thinner and want to get back to??

I used to have a little hips and smaller waist, not an hour glass, but I wasn't a straight shoulder to hips. Now that I'm overweight I think I'm an apple body shape, all boobs and belly with a lower belly that hangs over and a big butt, but not huge thighs (except inner)...all of my weight now is in my belly and boobs, but my shoulders (with the fat and arm fat) seem more broad than my hips, but when I was thinner it wasn't so obvious? Gah!

Does this even matter in the big scheme of eating better and working out?

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Body type only matters when it comes to clothing, really. Go by what you are now.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    I don't think body type matters much for weight loss, well except for if you gain muscle easier or not. However from what you describe you are probably an apple that will stay and apple with narrow hips, flatter butt, thin legs, but still have boobs. Or you may become a rectangle after the stomach is gone, that's me by the way. Narrow hips, while still having a butt, small boobs and no definable waist. Either way a smaller apple or a rectangle it's still a win to lose weight!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Body type only matters when it comes to clothing, really. Go by what you are now.

Thanks. :)
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    I don't think body type matters much for weight loss, well except for if you gain muscle easier or not. However from what you describe you are probably an apple that will stay and apple with narrow hips, flatter butt, thin legs, but still have boobs. Or you may become a rectangle after the stomach is gone, that's me by the way. Narrow hips, while still having a butt, small boobs and no definable waist. Either way a smaller apple or a rectangle it's still a win to lose weight!

Your last sentence is definitely true! I know before I had my son I had some hips and a little smaller waist, but definitely not an hourglass, so as long as my apple turns into a rectangle, hopefully I will keep some boobage lol, but you are right, I'd take a rectangle or apple that is much smaller as long as it means I have lost the weight and become healthier! :) Thanks for putting my perspective in check! :)