Ladies only please - TOM question

Options
13»

Replies

• SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate like crazy! Look for Chocolove Sea Salt and Almond bar.
    I think if you eat awesome the rest of the month and have a few bits of chocolate during this time you'll do alright. Just keep up with the healthy eating for 90% of your day and drink loads of water.
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm an odd one. I don't crave chocolate or anything in particular during my TOM. I do feel a lack of energy, but I made a change 2 months ago that has seemed to help dramatically. In general, I drink 2 protein shakes each day. One right in the morning and another around midway between supper and bed time. During my TOM, I drink 4 each day. I use EAS chocolate with 20g/scoop. I was surprised and happy to see this change. This may not work for others, but hey, figured I'd put it out there.
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    the day before my TOM is the worst... i get so angry and i can't concentrate. during the period, i'm fine and don't have pain or anything like that, but it's this one day, beforehand, which causes me hell and i've learned to live with it. i eat around 2100 calories (all healthy with no exceptions but i normally eat 1200) the day before TOM starts and take it easy, during. so, how i cope is by eating a bit more before it starts and then i find the hunger manageable. the silver lining is finding out you have lost weight (a few days after when waterweight is back to normal) due to your body working overtime. :smile:
  • lize_bird
    lize_bird Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Remove it from the house! I just ate two entire bags of chips almost by myself since they were laying around and I was hungry!!! Ugh. (But they were DELICIOUS!)
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually remove the "bad" foods from my house, and I like to keep a dark chocolate bar/chips available. I love it but won't eat a LOT of it at once, even during my TOM. I agree with drinking a lot of water, too. I drink a lot of tea and/or coffee during that time too. I'm amazed at what a 20 minute walk will do for the body too, when you're hit with a craving.
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am expecting mine next week and this will be the first I am having since I started working out 3 weeks back.
    Kind of apprehensive how it shall be cuz I have pathetic cramps.

I crave for a lot of dark chocolate (I am sucker for dark chocs) but there has to be a limit right?? I just stop eating anything else and keep on munching chocolates the whole day long :-(
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is normally where I would say something snarky and mean, but I am on strike two.

Your cravings are caused, in part, by certain deficiencies, such as iron and calcium, and also because of elevated levels of cortisol:seratonin levels.

To help combat this, eat some snacks with complex carbs and healthier fats, like peanut butter. To help raise your seratonin levels, exercise.

I often have celery with peanut butter in them. I am trying to cut down on bread and that really satisfies
    I make tofu stir fries with spinach in them (also bell peppers, mushrooms and an iron, with some spices like cumin thrown in). Put some sriacha on that with soy sauce and that really satisfies too.