Slimming down thighs and calves?

Options
I'm restarting the 30 day shred today (I stopped after a few days before) and thinking of doing killer buns and thighs with it as well.
I want to know if they help slim down thighs and calves. I know they are quite effective with endurance and such but would like to know if anyone saw any significant change in the size whilst working on the shred?
I don't really want to go running as our area isn't exactly the place where you'd want to go running and I'm also too busy with work to be able to go for a run.

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of those programs but I know with Insanity I my legs and butt have definitely toned up..
  • poptartqueen
    Options
    I had a lot of luck with overall slimming from 30DS, and the KBKT workout kicks my butt every time. I used KBKT as cross-training last year for when I was training for a full marathon, and I felt that my legs were definitely stronger as a result.

With that said--I noticed from your other posts that you're a sprinter. As long as you're actively sprinting, I don't know that you're going to slim down your thighs/calves (unless you're looking more for toning and shedding a little bit of fluff from muscle?). Google images for sprinter legs vs. distance runner legs and you'll get the idea.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce, just lose weight over all and your body will slim down according to your genetics (ie if you're a pear then lower body will lose at a slower rate than upper body and abs)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Slimming down has more to do with diet than exercise. Fat can be reduced, but if you're speaking of muscle, it would have to atrophy and the only way to do that is not to exercise or use your legs at all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition