How many calories to maintain?

Options
How many calories to maintain?
Hi, I'm 117 lbs, 19 yrs old, 5 ft 5 in and a girl. I've been using myfitnesspal and I've been using 1820 to maintain my weight. However slowly but surely I keep losing weight every month. different calculators online tell me anything from 1820-2200
Should I try 2000 calories, but I don't wanna gain anything. I exercise 45 minutes everyday and also 17 minutes on a cycle machine everyday, with like 3 minutes of strength. I also just think I have a super fast metabolism
Are any of you my age and weight eating more than 1820? also i havent got my period since the end of december since losing weight, maybe cause i havent been eating enough. ( my doctor said i should go to an obgyn if i dont get it by the end of this month since its common to lose it after losing weight)

Also im very very accurate, I use a digital scale for everything and measuring spoons/cups

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    experiment! find your sweet spot..Try 2000 1850 1700 2200...its fun! write down everything you eat..weigh yourself and u will find your sweet spot!
    Best from NYC
    Kristian Rocco
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    start at 1700 for a couple weeks and if you still are loosing go up 100 and repeat till you find your maintenance
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different. I eat about 2100 to 2300 on average to maintain a BMI in the 18's, which is on the low end. It took me about six months to figure out how much I needed to not lose, and to not gain. Trial and error is the best method.

Good luck!
  • ViennaTaylor
    Options
    Why start at 1700 if I already am doing 1820 and losing
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    The UN considers that anyone (of normal weight) who isn't getting 2000 calories a day is "Food deprived." The reason that food labels give 2000 and 2500 calories as the total for % of daily value column is that those were considered fairly reasonble intake amounts for non-sedentary women and men. Of course its possible -- even probable -- that a woman could eat over 1800 and maintain. People who maintain on less are either really short, really sedentary, or have screwed up their metabolisms with years of chronic undereating.
  • ViennaTaylor
    Options
    I think I'll give 2000 a try then, cause I'm definitely not sedentary or shory and who knows, maybe ill be able to eat more than 2000
    Thank you so much for your answers :)
  • ViennaTaylor
    Options
    Short**** not shory lol
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Why start at 1700 if I already am doing 1820 and losing
    im not sure where I came up with that. yeah then start at 1900-2000 and go up from there 100 cals every few weeks