I'm new to Fitness Pal . I hope that it works. :)

Options
A friend told me about my fitness pal. I'm at 290 was at 318 but I have been stuck for the past few weeks until my friend told me about MFP. So we will try it and see. I know already in 3 days I have lost some weight. So hopefully it will work.

Replies

• crumbliss2010
    crumbliss2010 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    just keep your mind set to it and it will work!! good luck!!
  • wayne_d19
    wayne_d19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • tlr5859
    tlr5859 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too am new (2 weeks) and I can honestly say it does work IF you document EVERYTHING! It amazes me the amount of "hidden" calories I was consuming. I am learning to measure more and think out my meals. I do like that I can eat anything I want as long as I document and don't go over my set limits for the day. I won't lie, I have gone over a couple times but overall, it works if you work it.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I agree with tir5859. Document everything, and you will see how insidious a bite of this and a handful of that can be. It is also particularly helpful when you hit a plateau.
  • babyhapp
    babyhapp Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new as well, I just started the beginning of this week at the advice of my doctor. My cholesterol is thru the roof (I am sweating gravy). I started Tuesday and was down 5lbs when I saw the nutritionist yesterday! It works GREAT if you write everything down (like they say at WW, "if you bite it, write it"). I like being accountable and having to track without having to pay for Weight Watchers! Good Luck to you, I think you will like it! :)
  • italianangel143
    Options
    Good luck I agree with the above. You get what you put into it. If you document everything honestly and work hard you will see it work. Stay dedicated and positive. Hope to see your success story soon. Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • barrysweiss
    Options
    I have been doing this for a little over 2 months, at first I was not taking it too seriously, then I started to really follow the plan. When I started I weighed 368 pounds, by tracking my food and exercise, I have lost 31 pounds since March 6th. This plan works.
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

this site has helped me SO MUCH! and the people on here are AMAZING and will support you and give you motivation if you ever need any!

good luck in your journey x
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It will work if you do! It's a great tool.

Welcome!
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    It works! It works! Track your food and exercise and you will see results! I've lost 43 pounds since January, and I'm doing it the right way. Also, you'll find awesome support and encouragement from your buddies!

You can add me as a friend if you like!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    MFP works if you log all of your food and drinks that you consume and exercise. Make sure you are eating all of your calories. Figure our your TDEE and eat 15-20% less than that.

I was at a plateau for 6 weeks before I found this out and in the 5 weeks since joining, I have lost 5.5 lbs (one lb a week as I should). I eat all kinds of food and not always healthy but I am losing.

Friend me if you are looking for encouraging friends to help you along your journey.
  • tlr5859
    Options
    I am new as well, I just started the beginning of this week at the advice of my doctor. My cholesterol is thru the roof (I am sweating gravy). I started Tuesday and was down 5lbs when I saw the nutritionist yesterday! It works GREAT if you write everything down (like they say at WW, "if you bite it, write it"). I like being accountable and having to track without having to pay for Weight Watchers! Good Luck to you, I think you will like it! :)
    I love that quote: "if you bite it, write it" I'm gonna use it as my new mantra, thanks!
  • Rosepetals83
    Options
    Welcome you will love it feel free to add me and anyone else that is need of motivation and support
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It definitely works - as long as you give it your full commitment. Keep at it!
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It works, PERIOD.
  • tlr5859
    Options
    I could certainly use some friends on here. Would be nice if there was someone nearby who I could talk to or text, but forums are great too. Can we access forums on our smartphones?
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! You're already off to a good start....just keep on keepin' on! :smile:
  • packergirl37
    packergirl37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well! I've heard really good things about it. I like how easy it is to track and find foods. You can do it, stay positive!
  • Chaznpavements
    Options
    It works, I lost 10 lbs my first 2 weeks.
  • cindy5761
    cindy5761 Posts: 28
    Options
    Just keep track of everything. It can really be an eye opener as to how many calories are in certain foods and you will learn to make healthier choices. GoodLuck!!