Sharon Osbourne - Oh how I laughed

Options
xLexa
xLexa Posts: 482 Member
General gist

"I was always craving food, always hungry then I found Atkins...." and I lost 30 lbs

UHM HELLO?!?!?! What is wrong with this picture...

Is it not a well known fact that Mrs Osbourne had gastric Bypass surgery.

Totally in shock that she would promote Atkins or any other diet. I am guessing maybe times are tough in the Osborne household?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    I think her point was that she was always hungry until she started on a plan that taught her how to limit carbs. That is the problem with eating too many carbs; they leave you wanting more.

Eating more protein and fats leads to greater satiety. Satiety is really important to adherence.

• xLexa
    Options
    I have to say I was honestly shocked, it was not as if she hid the fact that she had the surgery. She spoke openly about it, I guess the shock of seeing her promoting a "brand" did not help me see the point that you did :) Never thought I would see the day.. honestly.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    If Atkins is paying her, more power to her. There are many paths to enlightenment - and WLS does not guarantee lifelong success at weight maintenance. It takes a lot more than surgery, and weight maintenance has to become something that a person can be comfortable with long-term.

If I was still eating 300g of carbs a day, I'd always be hungry, too. My sweet spot is between 100g and 150g carbs a day...that's higher than the induction phase of Atkins, but I don't know much about the long game of Atkins. It is a good way to break the carb habit, though.
  • xLexa
    Options
    I see your point about it being good to break into the low carb thing hadn't thought of it in that way. And I guess you are also right about the $$ if theyre paying her enough. I guess it depends on the individual. Being one who tried a multitude of "diets" that didn't work I think my reaction is based alot on that, good $$ after nothing and finally in the end doing it myself slowly, without the "Brand name" eh to each their own. It really did make me laugh though to see her doing it. It just tickled me :P

Anyhoo thankies for the clarification on the message you saw, it is there, I guess I was just too busy chuckling to see it ;P
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Well, I totally understand your point. Because Sharon Osbourne. :laugh:
  • xLexa
    Options
    I swear, if I see a commercial for MENSA with Ozzy in it, it's all over....