Good beginners morning yoga?

slvrcavchick03
slvrcavchick03 Posts: 38
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all. I am thinking about starting to do a morning yoga routine in about a month or so (when the space becomes available to do so) and I am looking into dvds but there are so many out there I was hoping to get some ideas for all of you who have used them. I have NEVER done any yoga before in my life so they need to be true beginner dvds. Just something that wont take an hour. I am willing to put up to 1/2 hour into it though. That I can just pop into the dvd player in the morning and roll out my mat at go. The information will be appreciated. Thank you!!

Sarah

Replies

• wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Do you get FitTV on cable? I did half an hour of yoga on channel 12 today and I liked. It was also my first time doing yoga. I've also heard good things about Yoga Meltdown with Jillian Michaels.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I DVR FitTV's Namaste Yoga --- it's 30 minutes with commercials, but 20 if you fast-forward through them. I am about as flexible as a board, and have some ankle problems that I have to modify exercises for, and I am able to do most of what they have on this show.

It focuses mainly on breathing and easing you into each move slowly.

Hope that helps!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Free podcasts. They are about 20 minutes. I also like anything with Rodney Yee. The "Yoga for Weight Loss" with Suzanne Deason is great for beginners, even if it has a misleading title. I would stay away from any yoga videos that are not taught by a yoga instructor (if they have aerobics videos, chances are they are not a yoga instructor)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,150 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Rodney Yee "Yoga for Beginners" or "AM Yoga"
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Love Rodney Yee - A.M. Yoga for Your Week (by Gaiam) is what I was doing. It give you a different routine for your work week.
    I don't think there is a pose that I couldn't do, being a beginner.
    Good way to start your day.
  • Thanks everyone. I am excited to start doing it. I appreciate all the ideas. I will probably try the tv first(which I forgot about), and then see about the Rodney Yee ones. Considering that there were several good opinions of him :) Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.