PCOS sucks, and bread is delightful!

Options
Since I have PCOS and seem to be sensitive to breads, I thought about going going gluten free... I mean, I've never been tested for celiac disease, but I probably don't have it. I think most of my problems are because I have PCOS and have had my gallbladder removed.

I have to go to the bathroom (number 2) a lot. It's not always loose, but I've noticed that it is worse when I eat greasy foods or something bread-like. They just taste so good! But I need to realize that my body just can't handle it.

I've thought about going vegetarian, gluten free, paleo... I don't really know what is the best. I know everyone is different... but what helps some of you?

Replies

• lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have to go to the bathroom (number 2) a lot. It's not always loose, but I've noticed that it is worse when I eat greasy foods or something bread-like. They just taste so good! But I need to realize that my body just can't handle it.

This is due to eating high fat foods after having your gall bladder removed. You no longer have a store of bile (it usually sits in your gall bladder) so you cannot break down fats as effectively.

The issues you have with bread products shouldn't be related to the removal of your gall bladder, unless you are talking about pastries or baked goods which are high in fat.