Champions League Football Final

Options
Laces_0ut
Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
as an American i dont have much rooting interest in this match...i just want to see a great game. if you twist my arm ill say im pulling for Dortmund.

would love to hear from others about todays game....though im guessing this will get bumped to page 2 quickly by _____ the person above threads.

Replies

• Lessthanpenguins
    Lessthanpenguins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Even as a huge footballer, I have zero care who wins so long as the match is a good match.
  • vagirl8669
    vagirl8669 Posts: 96
    Options
    Robert Lewandowski...yum.

Dortmund are fun to watch but Bayern likely has too much for them.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    do Euros have Champions League finals parties like we have Superbowl parties? its very common for Americans to get together for a party to watch the Superbowl even when your team is not involved. we also play gambling games to make the game even more fun.
  • vagirl8669
    vagirl8669 Posts: 96
    Options
    Good question. I think up until 3-4 years ago, the final was always played on a Wednesday. I'd say it's more likely that happens now than in the past. All-German final might not be attractive to as many as usual.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm going with Bayern, although Dortmund are giving them a hard time atm...

Oh to be there right now!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I was neutral until I saw Bayern fans on Sky News, they are sure that the will win that I am now on the side of Dortmund. Happy to watch any match to hold off the pain of the end of season,

Surprised to see so many German football shirts being worn in East London today :smile:
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

you can say that again...would be a great day hanging in the pubs with fans...then heading to the game....then hanging out with the winning teams fans.

what i would really like to do is attend Euro 2016 in France.
  • Dead_Darling
    Options
    I was neutral until I saw Bayern fans on Sky News, they are sure that the will win that I am now on the side of Dortmund. Happy to watch any match to hold off the pain of the end of season,

Surprised to see so many German football shirts being worn in East London today :smile:

I've seen some Bayern shirts on my side of the East end, but my German's horrible so I couldn't really yell, "come on you Bayerns!" to them :laugh:
  • Dead_Darling
    Options

you can say that again...would be a great day hanging in the pubs with fans...then heading to the game....then hanging out with the winning teams fans.

what i would really like to do is attend Euro 2016 in France.

I sometimes do 2/3 of that - minus going to the actual game lol

My money's being saved for Euro 2016. Really can't wait for that!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    very fun half. i just hope this isnt decided with PKs. since this is the last game they should just play until someone scores.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    will Bayern just start pulling away now?
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Dortmund still look strong but I think it'll end 2 - 1 to Bayern.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm watching as well.. there's been some exciting "almosts" in the first half.

I'm about 30 minutes behind because i had to start late. i'm leaving this thread now so i wont be spoiled
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    oh my.....
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1 - 1 :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    how was that not a goal!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Dortmund still look strong but I think it'll end 2 - 1 to Bayern.

well done. :)
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bl00dy Robben...... :/
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Great Match! I thought Dortmund would win; they played well, and their fans were amazing - great atmosphere around the stadium
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Laces - re: party. Its not quite the same. I know in the US everyone (fans and non fans) has superbowl parties, no matter which teams make it. Here, the fans of the teams that make it through will have parties, but not everyone. Also, you can get groups of friends getting togethr to watch the match in a pub (mostly football fans, though).
    Also, no Beyonce or Black Eye Peas at half time, and also no string of cool $1m/min adverts