Really simple things to do with cooked frozen shrimp?

Options

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thaw shrimp. Open beer. Drink. Eat.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Cooked frozen shrimp are amazing because they require 0 effort. Lazy girl's best friend!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I used to just eat them microwaved in a bowl with just butter salt and pepper. Argh, so good!
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    very pleased with how simple all of these ideas are :) thank you guys!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    When you quit your job, cut the shrimp into little pieces and hide them carefully all over your soon-to-be-former workplace.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It isn't the lowest fat option, but I like to mix about a pound of the thawed, precooked shrimp with a tablespoon of mayonnaise, and 2 or 3 ounces of grated cheese, like monterey jack or mild cheddar, then season with Sriracha sauce (or not). Heat it just until the cheese melts. It's good alone or on toast.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Peel and saute with garlic butter or with ginger/sweet chili sauce (The Ginger People).

Peel and sauté with garlic and olive oil, add pepper or chili if you want and serve on pasta or rice.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Peel and saute with garlic butter or with ginger/sweet chili sauce (The Ginger People).

Peel and sauté with garlic and olive oil, add pepper or chili if you want and serve on pasta or rice.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    So many yummy ideas thanks I like to season them with garlic, tabasco a little olive oil and grill them on the barbwue you can also grill onion, peppers, mushrooms and squash at the same time and serve with fresh pineapple yum
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of lemon pepper with a bit of butter and stirred around the pan till they thaw.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    Throw into scrambled eggs.

Or make Pad Thai.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    When you quit your job, cut the shrimp into little pieces and hide them carefully all over your soon-to-be-former workplace.
    This.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    This isn't the lowest cal or fat option, but I make shrimp fettuccine Alfredo.
    I thaw them and then toss them into the pasta right before serving.
    You could use a lighter sauce like garlic butter and use whole wheat pasta.
    I'm a carboholic so I also make Parker House rolls and serve with a Riesling wine along with veggies for a nice dinner.

A couple of laughing cow cheese wedges at 35 cal. each plus a little milk makes an awsome, lo-cal "instant Alfredo."
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I stir fry them with oriental mix of vegetables (mushrooms, broccoli, beans, onions, etc) and put them on rice.

Simple, fast and sooo yummy.
  • crystalmoore83
    crystalmoore83 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like to sautee red bell pepper, a clove of garlic, some red onion and a zuccini in a little bit of reduced fat low sodium chicken broth then mix in the shrimp and heat after the veggies are cooked through, then I put half a avocado, some salsa and reduced fat sour cream or fat free greek yogurt on top, mix it all up and enjoy :)
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I usually top a caesar salad with them...and then add a bit of bbq sauce.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I make a quick shrimp scampi. I thaw them under cold water, then toss them in a pan of melted butter, lemon juice and garlic and parsley to warm them up, serve over brown rice. You don't want to really cook them long because they will get tough, they are already cooked. Just cook long enough that they warm through.
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    This isn't the lowest cal or fat option, but I make shrimp fettuccine Alfredo.
    I thaw them and then toss them into the pasta right before serving.
    You could use a lighter sauce like garlic butter and use whole wheat pasta.
    I'm a carboholic so I also make Parker House rolls and serve with a Riesling wine along with veggies for a nice dinner.

A couple of laughing cow cheese wedges at 35 cal. each plus a little milk makes an awsome, lo-cal "instant Alfredo."

I will be making this soon - I always have Laughing Cow in my fridge!
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Saute in a little butter garlic and curry powder or paste :-) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    You could put them on skewers with mixed veggies.
  • Shanekhyl
    Shanekhyl Posts: 31
    Options
    Yummiest salad ever.
    Salad leaves throw in some spinach
    Half an avocado
    Pine nuts
    Cranberries dried
    Tinned mango
    The prawns and balsamic vinegar

I keep theses ingredients all the time in the fridge and cupboard fr an easy and tasty meal... :-)