Still looking for a few more friends

Options
gates49512
gates49512 Posts: 31 Member
Hey everyone, I have a few MFP friends that are great but I would love to add just a few more to my "team". I am a guy that would love to loose close to 100 pounds all said and done. So I'm looking for some friends that is in this for the long haul. I would love to entertain the idea to even be able to chat from time to time on other social media such as Facebook or Twitter. I in return will try and be a person to give you encouragement in your goals. So send me a friend request if this is the sort of weight loss relationship you would like to have.

gary

Replies

• cyn196890
    cyn196890 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am already your friend and i will support you in your aim for your goal ... im here 4 the long haul aswell so you are stuck with me lol
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I am aiming fo almost the same weight loss goal so I could use a friend who is in it for the long haul I'll send you a friendship request but I am not on any other public sites just this one. :smile:
  • Littlesaint30
    Options
    I have only just joined the plan, and am aiming to lose at least half a stone before my nephews christening at the end of June. I am happy to join anyone's team and spur you on to achieve your goals. I have done weight watchers in the past and have reached goal on one occasion, but have piled it all back on through eating the wrong foods and having my second child. Since his birth I have not really been in the mood to lose weight until last week when I was trying on a top for a wedding. I was disgusted with my reflection, this has made me lose my confidence completely. I want to feel good about myself again, and feel great. The job that I do is very stressful at the moment and is causing me to eat the wrong things such as sweets and chocolates. hopefully I can follow the plan and lose the weight needed to get my BMI down.

lisa
  • sparklingday
    sparklingday Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sent you a note. My intention is to be here for the long haul. I have 80 pounds to lose. I am so tired of all of the health issues that I keep developing as a result of my extra weight. I really liked your Motivational statement of not being held hostage by your weight any longer... I completely relate with that statement.
  • sparklingday
    Options
    Little Saint... sorry, but for us silly folk on this side of the pond, how much is a stone????
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Heya I'm Lissa, Always up for adding "consistent loggers" friends.
    Add me if you so wish, I don't bite ( well not hard lol )
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    14 lbs :)
    Little Saint... sorry, but for us silly folk on this side of the pond, how much is a stone????
  • afwheat
    afwheat Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is alice and I have never written on here before. I think a few supportive friends would be a very good thing for me aand hopefully for you too. I will encourage you as I know how important this is. I am 66 and definitely in this for the long haul. I need to loose weight for health reasons, want to see my granddaughters graduate high school and then college. Is this job that is stressing you out something you cannot change?? I know we can do this. I am finding that if I do not eat sugar then I do not crave it like I use to. I really had a sweet tooth that I am giving up. Hang in little saint this is doable and we get the reward..................
  • sparklingday
    Options
    thanks Angel! for the measurement conversion...
  • Littlesaint30
    Options
    I hate all these different conversions lol, but will try to keep up. We measure in stones and pounds here in the uk. Must admit I have been using the conversion charts here to get my weight in kg.

Good luck to all of you on your weightloss journeys

Lisa xx
  • Littlesaint30
    Options
    Hi, my name is alice and I have never written on here before. I think a few supportive friends would be a very good thing for me aand hopefully for you too. I will encourage you as I know how important this is. I am 66 and definitely in this for the long haul. I need to loose weight for health reasons, want to see my granddaughters graduate high school and then college. Is this job that is stressing you out something you cannot change?? I know we can do this. I am finding that if I do not eat sugar then I do not crave it like I use to. I really had a sweet tooth that I am giving up. Hang in little saint this is doable and we get the reward..................

THe stress at work is unbearable, so I am leaving in a couple of weeks so that I can spend more time with my two sons. My hubby works a lot so will be able to support us without me working. The last thing I need is my blood pressure rising. Xxx
  • cyn196890
    cyn196890 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    you know its so nice here we all support eachother in a good way ( ignore bad spelling plz lol )
    i have alot to loose and i will get there .. it just takes time and good friends here 2 support u along this journey
    we will all get our goals :wink:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Friend request being sent!