Good scale?

Options
Nina74
Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
I've been weighing myself at the gym on a "doctor's" scale once a week (I don't want to go crazy and weigh myself every day) because my electronic one at home is about 10 yrs old and not very reliable. I don't care about the number, just want to have something to compare so I can accurately tell how many lbs I'm losing (my electronic one can vary by up to 5 lbs even if I weight myself 5 times in a row!).

I thought the gym scale was fairly accurate, given it's a doctor's scale, but several people have since told me it's not since it inaccurately said they gained 5 lbs.

Any good suggestions for a good scale that will be accurate but not cost me a million dollars? My experience with the electronic ones has been only fair. I just need something consistent!

Replies

• KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can pick up a good scale at walmart, just pick out which one you like the look of. I do recommend getting one that clearly shows you the weight not the one that shows the entire dial on the scale, they are too difficult to read when your counting pounds. If you can find it, find a scale that will weigh you in kilo's or stones, that way you don't get stuck on a familiar number.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    If you do get an old fashioned dial scale, make sure the marks are BIG! Otherwise it is too much of a pain! I have one and I don't even use it because unless I'm sitting at a 10lb. increment I can't tell what I weigh because the dashes are so tiny! :grumble: I recently upgraded to a Taylor electronic glass scale that I love! I can hop on it 10 times in a row and it gives me the same number time and time again! I had a Health-O-Meter electronic scale prior to this that I kept getting varying readings from...I could be up 5lbs. one day down 8lbs. the next...and literally could get on 5 times in a row and the readings would be all over the place! That's just my experience...maybe mine was a bad apple. :laugh: But I got my very pretty scale from Target for $20!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I use a digital Taylor scale. Its keeps track of age, height, and keeps track of weight loss. Its very accurate.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I use a Tanita Scale at home. It was recommended on another website I frequent and it is very accurate.

Editing to add pic:

This is what my scale looks like. I have it programmed for Hubby and Myself.

90137365.jpg
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Maybe my current scale is a "bad seed" too. Purchased from Walmart for $40 quite a few years ago. Have changed the batteries, but it is whacked out! I don't want to make myself crazy and weigh myself 10 times and average it. Only adds to the neuroticism! LOL!
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have the "Biggest Loser" scale by Taylor. Sold at local retailers. It seems to be very accurate and is very close to what I weigh at my Weight Watchers meetings and the dr. office. Put in your starting weight and you can track weight and percentage of fat loss also.
  • ebaby
    ebaby Posts: 7
    Options
    I have a Tanita scale as well. I got it from Target.