Help I've hit a plateau

Options
Hi everyone I am just hoping someone has some advice for me. I have lost 33 pounds so far but I haven't lost anything for over a month now. I am still losing inches but no pounds. Help please. :)

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I have learned that sometimes our bodies have to adjust to a weight lost but losing inches is just as important as losing weight....i've heard that if you lose weight and dont lose the right amount of inches that your body will stop until its caught up and evened out, maybe thats whats going on right now....
  • CandyReed
    CandyReed Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with preciousoohnana. You can also try varying your caloric intake for a week or so. You could eat 800 calories one day, 1000 the next, 1200 the next, etc. Also, varying your workouts can help. Aerobics one day, walking the next, weight training the next. It might get you over the hump :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lock0134
    lock0134 Posts: 19
    Options
    anything below 1200 calories is a big no no. There are so many negative long term effects to doing that so unless your doctor has told you it's okay DON"T do it.

Your body could be gaining muscle and this weighs more than fat. If the inches are still going down you are still on the right track. If you are eating healthy and exercising 30-45mins daily and your body has not changed it may be time to visit your doctor. Maybe something medical is going on for example thyroid/hormonal problems.
  • obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    If your losing inches, keep doing what your doing; especially if your eating healthy and feeling good. My recommendation is to park that scale someplace out of site and out of mind, and just keep doing what your doing. Don't take it back out for a month, then see how things are going.
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calories and weekly weight loss goal for the 33lbs you have lost so far?
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    When I hit a plateau,I usually up my calories for ablut 3-7 days. Then it starts back falling off. Keep up the good work, it will come off:)
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)