Victorious Victoria Day Fitness Challenge April 5

Although I have been taking weekends off, the rain stopped for awhile this morning so I went outside & did an hour of yard work and earned myself 500 calories according to my HR Monitor. We have a lot of downed limbs and I broke up some snow so it would GO AWAY.

Have a nice weekend all. See you on Monday:love:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Although I have been taking weekends off, the rain stopped for awhile this morning so I went outside & did an hour of yard work and earned myself 500 calories according to my HR Monitor. We have a lot of downed limbs and I broke up some snow so it would GO AWAY.

Have a nice weekend all. See you on Monday:love:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Mornin' all. . .

So, I wore my HRM during yoga yesterday (intermediate w/ Rodney Yee, for the record) and burned, in 45 minutes . . .80 calories. Ouch. I guess I'm more relaxed than I thought. I find this fascinating, as sweat was literally dripping off of my face and onto the ground in warrior 3. I double checked all my settings, and redid my sitting HR. Which is 60. I'm going to wear it to the gym tonight (40 minute round trip walk and 60 minutes of spin) and hope that that is seriously-calorie burning. or. I will cry. If I'm more efficient than I thought, that may explain why the weight took approximately 800 years to go away.
    (*approximately :tongue: )

My other theory is that the HRM doesn't count your BMR when calculating exercise calories. So, if I would have burned 70 calories sitting on the sofa for an hour, it doesn't count those in with the yoga-burning calories. I think Banks had a thread about that, and Polar gave him a misleading/confusing answer.

Anyways, I'm becoming way to scientific for my tastes.

Happy Saturday! :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    WOW that is interesting about the yoga. I sweat like crazy during Rodney's classes as well...urgh...would hate to think it's only 80 calories.

Incidentally, have you ever tried Bryan Kest? I have been going to his classes in Santa Monica. He has a seriously creepy cult-like thing going but man oh man are the classes hard work. He has a *slight* sleazy vibe in person though so I stopped going...he was having us all "make love" to our mats and gyrate on them...ewwwww.

Anyway, I digress.

About to do a morning yoga routine, then a power sculpt.

Yesterday I biked and did some strength training.

Feeling great!

I'm noticing a HUGE difference with eating mindfully and slowly. I get full quicker and I no longer finish "those last three bites" just to finish it. I just put it away and if I'm hungry ten minutes later then I go back to it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    So excited. . .I wore my HRM to the gym and back.

The walk there: 150 calories
    spin class torched 682
    then another 150 on the way home.

That's double what I'd been allotting!

Celebrated with Thai food for dinner.:flowerforyou: