TRX?

Has anyone tried it? The YMCA where I work out has a month-long class for it, but other than it being resistance training I'm not sure what it involves or if it's something I should try. I definitely want to be toned but I'm still getting in shape and still at 241 pounds. Should I try it now or wait until I'm in better shape and closer to my goal?

I probably won't do the June classes because I'd need to pay by May 31 and I just don't have the money but I was thinking about doing it in July.

Replies

• RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 401 Member
    I used to use TRX with my personal trainer.
    I liked it so much I bought one of my own.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    My yoga studio offers it. I already run, practice yoga, and just started strength training--unfortunately there isn't enough time in the week to add that in.

It can be done by beginners and people who can breeze through P90X without taking a deep breath--the workouts are tailored to your abilities. If you google it you can read about it on the TRX web site.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Has anyone tried it? The YMCA where I work out has a month-long class for it, but other than it being resistance training I'm not sure what it involves or if it's something I should try. I definitely want to be toned but I'm still getting in shape and still at 241 pounds. Should I try it now or wait until I'm in better shape and closer to my goal?

I probably won't do the June classes because I'd need to pay by May 31 and I just don't have the money but I was thinking about doing it in July.

If it is something you think you will like to do and will motivate you, then I would say go ahead.

However, there is nothing special about TRX and it's not necessarily the best choice IMO for you at this stage in your journey. TRX emphasizes core and joint stability. I incorporate it sometimes in circuit workouts just for variety and for the extra form challenge, but I would not consider it the most effective weight loss tool.