Too much too soon?

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
I have been on here for just over a year but have lapsed with the fitness side of thing till I decided to sign up for a Tough Mudder in 20 weeks time.

It has been a great incentive as I back out doing a 5k training programme and back in the gym. Also hired a Pt for once a week. I do both cardio and strength training.

I've never ran a race in my life but have signed up for my first 5k in July ( a colour Run) and the TM in October.

But there is a Warrior Dash near by in the beginning of September - 5k one and I'm thinking of signing up. I really want to do it but my only concern is if I struggle will that mentally put me off doing the tough Mudder? One thing is I know I will be doing it on my own (got a small team for the TM) so can see where I'm struggling and work on those areas in the following four weeks

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. The tough mudder is just a finish or not race. It's not timed at all. And people are very helpful, for the most part, with assisting less experienced people through the obstacles if they see someone struggling. At least from some people's experiences that I've read about. It's all about fun, not competition. And then celebrating at the end with everyone that was able to finish. You don't have to all out run 12 miles :) So I wouldn't stress about it too much. From things I've read...if you can run a 5k without stopping, you should be good with the cardio part of it. Just work on strength training as well to help with the obstacles.