McDonalds or Chinese food?

Options
2»

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Five guys is overrated. There is no in and out around here. What is more important when it comes to calories? daily totals or weekly totals?

it may or may not be overrated but its still infinitely better than a mcdonalds burger. or just find a good local burger joint....my point is dont blow your cals on mcdonalds.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Five guys is overrated. There is no in and out around here. What is more important when it comes to calories? daily totals or weekly totals?

it may or may not be overrated but its still infinitely better than a mcdonalds burger. or just find a good local burger joint....my point is dont blow your cals on mcdonalds.

Five Guys is way way over rated and not worth the price. I rarely do hamburgers, and like the OP said I would go McChicken (spicy).
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Either one would push me over my limit for today but I have done fairly well throughout this past week. Can I redeem myself later on this week by staying under the limit until I am even with calories for the week?

No, what is done today is for today. Tomorrow you should go back to you regular daily calories. If you play catch up I think you will be hurting yourself.
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    :sick: McD's...No! Gross! I have yet to treat myself to Chinese but will be soon! and when I do I will be sure to pick carefully with lots of veggies!! Good luck!
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I have this argument with a buddy at work all the time. I would much rather go to Chinese than Fast Food. Chinese food just looks so much better... and it's real food in most cases. I mean, chicken nuggets are gloops (is that word?) that get squeezed out of a tube. Sure, it was chicken at one point... but still.

And I even eat the worst parts of the Chinese menu... and I'm still saying it seems better. I would love to see an actual study done.

It would probably have to be a gram for gram kind of thing. Because saying you are going to eat 2 sandwiches and fries... that has to equate to the same amount of Chinese food to really be fair.
  • paradisochick
    Options
    Homemade authentic Chinese food can be healthy. I'd go with Chinese.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I vote for either one. Everything in moderation.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    real legit chinese food is you can get it since it's made with fresh ingredients. if you're talking about the fake stuff then i'd still say go with chinese, just get your stuff steamed and ask for any sauces on the side
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ***Important fact for later**** You can customize Chinese food! I always ask for mine with no oil. They are usually really nice and will cook anything without oil and put sauces on the side. It still tastes really good and much fresher that way!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh lord, General Tso Chicken is yum, but soooooooooooo bad as its deep fried in batter. Better choices are available like Garlic chicken, or Chicken and Veg etc...
  • KANSASGIRL69
    KANSASGIRL69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FRIED!!! both places are nothing BUT FRIED...DONT DO IT! TRANS FATS! TRANS FATS! TRANS FATS!
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My favorite splurge would be Chinese food. I'll hit a local buffet. I get one plate (really like 12 pieces) of sushi, one plate of a mix with white rice, sesame chicken, Mongolian green beans, and mussels, then maybe another plate with just a bit of some seafood... maybe. Usually those 2 plates is plenty to fill me up. I also drink water or unsweetened tea. McDonalds I find is just too fatty. The closest I can do is a BigMac... they seem to sit fine.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'd carefully consider which sounded best at the moment and go with that.
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Chinese FTW!!
  • rogue3x
    rogue3x Posts: 1
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT is not that bad, just the sandwich.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FRIED!!! both places are nothing BUT FRIED...DONT DO IT! TRANS FATS! TRANS FATS! TRANS FATS!

so no true for chinese food, unless you are talking about those places like pandora express which is about as chinese as olive garden is italian. you need to find a chinese restaurant where you see predominately chinese people EATING there

i'm lucky enough to live right in chinatown and i can get great quality, healthy food that's fresh and mainly steamed (unless i order stuff fried) for reasonably cheap. for instance i just recently got a 3 meals worth of steamed bok choy with garlic and roasted chicken for $6! and 3 meals for me is probably 5-6 meals for someone else considering how large an appetite i have :laugh: