I am curious

Options
I have been going to the gym a lot and I see a lot of people drinking something red in their blender cups. Does anyone know what that may be and what it is used for? Also, will strength training make use lose weight faster than just doing cardio alone?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the red stuff... But cardio and strength training are both good for you, so do both! With the addition of strength training, you'll likely end up having a leaner, tighter body. Cardio is good for burning fat and for heart and lung health, as well as endurance.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    The red stuff is likely a pre work out supplement (usually some sort of stimulant) or possibly BCAA's. And yes, weights+cardio is better than just cardio.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You could ask them :) I bet most would love to share their 'info' lol
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Mine is red and is Creatine plus BCAA.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually BCAA's with some kind of flavor mixer. Some BCAA products taste friggin' NASTY. The Nutricore brand tastes amazing and doesn't leave you feeling like you just drank a rubber hose.

The cardio vs. lifting debate depends on your goals:

Wanna be a marathon runner? Cardio without weight training. Runners are lean machines. Plus running actually burns up your lean muscle.

Wanna be all around fit? Medium/Heavy Lifting + HIIT cardio. Build lean muscle to increase your BMR and fat burning. HIIT cardio for your CV system and endurance.

Wanna be a body builder? Hit the weights only. Maybe some low intensity cardio if you are concerned about your CV system.

NEVER ask a 'bro' about his supplementation... you will NEVER get out of the gym.

:glasses: