Monster absolutely zero energy drink opinions please!

Options
I was just wondering your take on monster absolutely zero energy drink? before starting my venture to become health and fit I used to drink a ton of coke and monster (original). Working in a bar I usually need something to keep me awake and energized. Since starting I've cut back on coke, usually having one once every few days as sort of a treat, but I will have a monster absolutely zero almost daily... I'm just wondering how good this is for me and if there are any alternatives. Also any other opinions or personal experiences are welcome!

Replies

• lizznagelmiller
    lizznagelmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love zero calorie monster :) also 5 hour energy is awesome
  • krissymonique
    krissymonique Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink XS energy drinks, they are full of vitamin B and have green tea caffine. Only 8 cals per drink and I think they taste the best :)
  • Jalyn77
    Jalyn77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that is man made really isn't good for you. Marketing tactics have fooled us for years to belive labels when they say "good source of calcium" or "heart healthy." The best way to make sure you are eating (and drinking) healthy is to try and choose food that is as closest to it's natural state as possible. Read ingredient lists instead of the nutrition chart. If you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, it's probably not natural.

As for trying to stay awake, there may be other issues causing you to be tired. Maybe you're just not getting enough sleep on a consistent basis or maybe there's another medical problem like immune stress. Consistent sleep habbits help a ton with tiredness.
  • krissymonique
    krissymonique Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you, find out the reason why you are tired and fix that. Learning how to eat properly, sleep properly, take the proper vitamins I believe is key. A few years back when I was in school and not as concerned with my nutrition but more about staying awake in class I was drinking too many energy drinks and was horrified by the ingredients found in energy drinks. I did a switch to the XS after a lot of research, they are herbal and the energy they provide to you is from the proper channels, so if the need for an energy drink is there it is what I would recommend, far better for you than coke. In my opinion :)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that is man made really isn't good for you. Marketing tactics have fooled us for years to belive labels when they say "good source of calcium" or "heart healthy." The best way to make sure you are eating (and drinking) healthy is to try and choose food that is as closest to it's natural state as possible. Read ingredient lists instead of the nutrition chart. If you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, it's probably not natural.

As for trying to stay awake, there may be other issues causing you to be tired. Maybe you're just not getting enough sleep on a consistent basis or maybe there's another medical problem like immune stress. Consistent sleep habbits help a ton with tiredness.

I know the reason for being tired/needing a boost:I have two energetic little girls ages 4 & 6, I work as a Bartender dealing with dogs and drinks lol, my husband is in the military which is stressful in it self, we recently moved across the united states from Nevada to Oklahoma, i have a medical condition in which I take meds for my blood pressure... Lol I know WHY I need to have my little once a day energy boost lol. Just wondering opinions on monster zero please :)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    When I think of monster and energy drinks, I just think of bad bad chemicals. I don't feel it is worth it personally. Try green tea before your workouts, it's even supposed to help you burn fat :) Otherwise, coffee isn't a bad idea either if you don't mind drinking it black (not worth it if you add a bunch of cream and sugar)
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Most energy drinks make me an anxious wreck. however, FRS healthy energy (low cal) are PERFECT for me.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had a patient last week who drank his first energy drink. He ended up passing out and all of his muscles siezed up (From one energy drink) Pretty sure I will never drink another one in my life after seing that!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I do like it...they defintely work!!! I drink when I am severely out of energy ..I try not to drink many because of all the bad ingredients
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like the Monster Rehab Green Tea it's 20 cals..but taste the best of any monster energy drink I have had.
  • TMarieB30
    TMarieB30 Posts: 24
    Options
    I love energy drinks lol I know thats terrible probably but I fit them in. I recently tried a new organic one and it works just as good. Tastes yummier too. You can buy them at Whole Foods. I've seen them at Walmart as well in singles.

http://www.amazon.com/SAMBAZON-Organic-Amazon-Energy-Drink/dp/B001N0TPVQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1343419377&sr=1-3
  • T34418l3angel
    Options
    I love energy drinks lol I know thats terrible probably but I fit them in. I recently tried a new organic one and it works just as good. Tastes yummier too. You can buy them at Whole Foods. I've seen them at Walmart as well in singles.

http://www.amazon.com/SAMBAZON-Organic-Amazon-Energy-Drink/dp/B001N0TPVQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1343419377&sr=1-3

This actually sounds really good! Might try it, thanks!
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    LOVE it! I can never seem to find the biggest size, though. 5 hour energy is pretty good, too, though it doesn't taste very good.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I too love having Monster zero sugar drink. I usually have one 1-2x a week. I have been wondering if it is hindering my weight loss efforts. Some people say no and others say maybe. I guess the only way to find out is to stop drinking them. I haven't been able to do that yet. I love the energy they give me and the taste.

I also keep 5 hr on hand and I've bought some energy pills at Walgreens. They are 200 mg but I usually cut it in half. Those work as well for the most part.

I also know why I'm tired and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I had a patient last week who drank his first energy drink. He ended up passing out and all of his muscles siezed up (From one energy drink) Pretty sure I will never drink another one in my life after seing that!

LOL....

"Patient had muscles siezed up from drinking one energy drink
    I will never drink another one in my life after seeing that!"

Wow...people crack me up...to include myself...

I remember when I was in the 10th grade..a classmate lost his pinky finger in a freak accident because he had his hand outside the window you know...where you rest your elbow on the window frame but your hand is like gripping the top of the vehicle's roof?...the jeep flipped and smashed up against a telephone pole and smashed off his pinky finger...(NO JOKE)....and I was like..I will never stick any part of my body outside a car ever in my life...
  • T34418l3angel
    Options
    When I think of monster and energy drinks, I just think of bad bad chemicals. I don't feel it is worth it personally. Try green tea before your workouts, it's even supposed to help you burn fat :) Otherwise, coffee isn't a bad idea either if you don't mind drinking it black (not worth it if you add a bunch of cream and sugar)

I drink allot of green tea, I think I just miss that carbonation fizz lol. And I don't drink coffee, I'm lactose sensitive so I stay away from milk and cream and black coffee is just nasty to me lol
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Love Monster lo carb....Monster Zero is awesome as well.

I saw new 12 oz. cans of Monster at Kroger on sale for 69 cents each. I don't drink them as much anymore but I do still enjoy one now and again.

congrats on cutting back on the cokes and full sugar Monsters.....they are quite tasty though lol :wink:
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Sorry dont know what monster is
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I love Monster Zero!!! I consider it a treat every now and then. I'm not a health professional, so can't speak of the consequences. I say, enjoy,

Cheers!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I hate coffee as well. I've tried it but just can't drink it.