Olympic challenge!

One of my MFP friends (sarahsmom) is in England right now getting ready to watch her daughter compete for a Gold Medal in weight lifting. First of all....how freaking cool is that? Here is a link to her daughter's story about learning to love yourself and how she made the most of her body. I can tell you that I am so inspired by Sarah! What an awesome job her mother did of instilling a self confidence in her at an early age!

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2012/07/21/20120721mesas-sarah-robles-model-determination-olympics.html

So with the opening ceremonies this evening I am encouraging you all to go for your own personal Olympic medal

HERE'S YOUR MINI CHALLENGE! GOLD SILVER OR BRONZE? WHAT'S YOUR BURN? 1X YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN CALORIES FOR BRONZE! 2X FOR SILVER OR GO FOR THE GOLD AND DO 3X YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN CALORIES!!! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!

Be watching for Sarah (I believe it's August 5th that she competes)

Replies

• gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Wow, how exciting! I will for sure watch (if only to say that I am on a site where one ladies friends daughter is competing :laugh: ).

Seriously, what an amazing journey - I am so excited!

(and already got my bronze for the day!!)
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Is is odd that because her mom is a fellow MFPer I feel like she is "family" somehow? I will be watching this event now!
    I was just saying how my plans were to watch the opening ceremony while on my treadmill, so I am in for the challenge.

:drinker: GO SARAH!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    GO SARAH GO!!! I'll do my BEST to hit a medal!! Moving tonight anyways!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Is is odd that because her mom is a fellow MFPer I feel like she is "family" somehow? I will be watching this event now!
    I was just saying how my plans were to watch the opening ceremony while on my treadmill, so I am in for the challenge.

:drinker: GO SARAH!!!!!!!! :drinker:

that's what I feel like too! I keep watching the clock....knowing that the ceremonies are already underway in England right now! I wonder if I will get to see her in the parade of athletes???
  • Done! Brought home 2 gold medals in the elliptical event! Thanks Can't :-)
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    I love Sarah and Joy.. and I never met them.. (yet!) I can't wait to watch!