Help!

Options
I am so discouraged! I've been walking everyday and traded junk food for veggies and lean meat (chicken) for the past month. The first three weeks, I lost a combined 4 pounds, and when I weighed in this week, I gained 7!! I didn't do anything different, besides added a little strength training to my routine. I am about ready to quit.

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You need to make your daily intake public so we can see what you're eating and get a little more information.
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Are you on or close to your period?

That messes so much with my weight it isn't even funny. It's something to do with your body carrying more water weight during that time of the month...and women's weight fluctuates a lot throughout the month in general. I don't go by the scale nearly as much as I used to, I take measurements now.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Strength training will add a few pounds in the beginning, but then you should start seeing weight loss again. Don't give up.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I havent lost weight in 45 days, but I have lost inches. I am happy with that. I wont give up!!
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You're gaining great new habits. Keep it up, drink a lot of water and the weight will come off. You can do it!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium, drink water and keep at it. Also, if you have grain sensitivities that may show up as bloating (retaining water). Drink some tea and see if that helps. It is a very mild diuretic.