How did I gain weight??????

Options
Ok so Someone tell me if this is normal.......I just weighed myself and the scale said I gained 3 lbs!!!! My clothes fit me looser and I think I look a little different... I am soooo depressed nd ready to give up!!!

Replies

• Belle9987
    Belle9987 Posts: 7
    Options
    you could have gains muscle it weights more that fat
  • Snowwhitequeenx33
    Options
    it could be muscle or water weight, screw the scale!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    It's normal.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    There are lots of reasons for no-fault weight gain--water retention for hormonal reasons, to balance sodium intake, or hard exercise. Giving up guarantees you'll never see the resolution of those three pounds, which was certainly right around the corner if you had kept doing right.
  • LisaGore1
    LisaGore1 Posts: 41
    Options
    what have you been doing and how long have you been doing it???? you didnt give much info
  • jroser37
    jroser37 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been toning and getting alot of exercise at my job... I guess that could be it... thanks for the help from all.... I feel better now!!!
  • Michellesallen
    Options
    Its completely normal for your weight to fluctuate a pound or two. If you are exercising you are likely building muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat so you may be up a pound or two but if you are firming up and losing inches than you are totally on the right track. Don't get hung up on the numbers on the scale and don't give up!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out over the scale numbers. I weigh within 2 lbs of what I did 12-15 months ago (before I gained and began this journey) however, I'm wearing shorts, jeans, and tops 2 sizes smaller! You're losing fat and gaining muscle, so although the weight is the same you look leaner and are burning more with the muscle. I used to get so upset over the scale numbers and it would totally put me in a mood for the day.....and then I went shopping and realized just how much I had changed my body. :smile:
  • Joneisha07
    Joneisha07 Posts: 49
    Options
    it could be muscle or water weight, screw the scale!

YES! :)
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Losing fat, gaining muscle. Like the old pound of feathers, pound of iron. They weigh the same but one is bigger.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You haven't been tracking that long. . . I wouldn't worry. Takes time! Be patient, you will prevail.
  • jroser37
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So, when was the last time you weighed yourself? A day, a week, a month? How do I know if it's normal to gain three pounds if I don't know the time period?
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Losing fat, gaining muscle. Like the old pound of feathers, pound of iron. They weigh the same but one is bigger.
    thank you! ^^^^
    Yes, muscle is denser yet takes up less space so keep on building muscle and burning fat. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn even just sitting still.
  • jroser37
    Options
    Thank You sooo much.. I feel sooo much better now!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

No, one pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as one pound of fat. They have different densities NOT WEIGHT.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    lol I was 310 on monday and 319 today. Which is why I am not a fan of weighing multiple times a week. I am cutting it down to once or twice a month. Weight fluctuates way too often in a short period of time.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    thank you! ^^^^
    Yes, muscle takes up more space so keep on building muscle and burning fat.
    Muscle takes up less space.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

No, one pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as one pound of fat. They have different densities NOT WEIGHT.
    Given identical volume, muscle weighs more than fat. Stop arguing this ridiculous point.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If you feel like giving up over a fluctuation, then you wont get very far, especially as that indicates you are doing this more for the number on the scale, than for your health and wellbeing.