• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Weight train.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Weight training is more fun than cardio (to me) anyway.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    LIIFFFFTTTTTT. You will feel like a bad *kitten* and it will help you lose.

:glasses:
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes. Like others have said...weight train. Continue to do some cardio, but incorporate weight lifting. You will put on some muscle weight, so the number on the scale may not go down as fast, but the more muscle you have, the easier it will be for your body to burn fat.
  • mrsb102
    mrsb102 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had a personal trainer from Oct 2011 - March 2012, and I lost 3 inches off of my waist, if that is any encouragement. I also dropped a pant size. I would say, weight wise, though for me, i lost maybe 5 lbs. If I had the extra money right now, I would sign up again, but I don;t, so I just kind of do what I was shown.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Weight training is excellent for so many reasons. The more muscle you have, the more efficiently you burn calories. I've always combined strength training and cardio. It's a winning combination. You don't have to exclusively lift weights either. Resistance training, squats, push-ups, etc. help build muscle too!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wow....so much great information!! Thank you all!!! Looks like weight training it is!!!! Thanks again!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Everyone should lift. Period. I don't care where you are in your health/fitness journey, I don't care what your goals are. Lifting is good for the body (remember the old milk commercials - it does a body good).
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    well it seems that your doing great you could try weight to tone up the parts of your that you really loose weights and show those shapes to proof that it really worth all the hardship. Besides it is a way of seeing what your hardship a nice well toned up and healthy body. http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com/